New propane cars

spif91

15 of our 25 new propane pkg cars have arrived...Still tickled to have been in feeders the last 12 years....
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1410438305.485532.jpg

Sent using BrownCafe App

spif91

LNG is natural gas. These are propane. Ups is outfitting the whole state with new propane cars except OKC and Tulsa. I heard Louisiana also. That is the employee parking lot. Our lot around the building is gravel. Lol

oldngray

nowhere special
Propane has about twice the energy as LNG and propane is also considered to be a green energy source where LNG isn't.

PT Car Washer

UPS this summer seal coated and restriped the employee parking lot. Also have tore up and replaced sections of concrete in the yard the last several years.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I retired in March. My son works there as a shifter. Ever once in a while, he would drive my old tractor, 266074. He told me that today it is going to the tractor graveyard, replaced by a brand new LNG. They are drilling a hole in the block. I drove that tractor from the day it hit our yard with the plastic over the seats I spent more time in the seat of that thing than I did in my own bed. RIP my old friend. :(

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
We had a couple of natural gas-powered cars about 10 yrs ago but in typical UPS fashion our mechanics were never given the right equipment to work on them so they were constantly breaking down. Plus they take about 20 minutes to refuel when empty, and the only source for CNG was off-site so even when they did run it was a huge hassle to keep fuel in the tank.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Propane is supposed to run equivalent to 108 octane.
A lot of 4x4 enthusiasts who are into rock crawling like to convert their Jeeps to run propane for safety reasons since the propane wont leak out in a rollover. Plus its under pressure so the carbuerators still work even at extreme angles.

We had a couple of natural gas-powered cars about 10 yrs ago but in typical UPS fashion our mechanics were never given the right equipment to work on them so they were constantly breaking down. Plus they take about 20 minutes to refuel when empty, and the only source for CNG was off-site so even when they did run it was a huge hassle to keep fuel in the tank.
Mine broke down so many times. MY SUP actually accused me of sabotage.