New Recruits Beware

Trash Panda

Just one more thing to point out. Sup drove 95% of the time and OP stated he barely drove. So how is one to qualify if their not even taking the initiative to be behind the wheel?

Sorry OP but you really just got trained to be a driver helper. They rushed him out before someone could file a grievance for working sup?

When In Rome...

No offense to your long and sweaty days...I'm sure you work as hard as everyone else but it doesn't take much to drive the package car or learn the system. Anybody capable of driving, reading, and lifting weight can perform...it's a matter of will and opportunity...or maybe a matter of sucking some balls...who knows - driving a tractor trailer takes skill - a package car? Not so much. Just some common sense.

oldngray

nowhere special
who sucks.gif

When In Rome...

Just one more thing to point out. Sup drove 95% of the time and OP stated he barely drove. So how is one to qualify if their not even taking the initiative to be behind the wheel?

Sorry OP but you really just got trained to be a driver helper. They rushed him out before someone could file a grievance for working sup?

Duh! Trained to be a driver helper is right! That was the point I was making. If I was hired to work as a driver helper, I would have happily trained as one. Doctors are trained to be Doctor's, not PAs. Lawyers are trained as lawyers, not paralegals...

The training was a joke...I don't think UPS had any intention of retaining me as driver or facilitating my success. I accept it. I get it but I wish someone had been more upfront from the onset. I wouldn't have bothered. I wouldn't have quit my job.

Trash Panda

The larger of two centers in the area...about 25-30 routes...same amount of FT drivers - the rest cover drivers (five and under)...
I wish someone had been more upfront from the onset. I wouldn't have bothered. I wouldn't have quit my job.
You already knew the odds. You just either didn't research before signing on the dotted line or clearly signed it blind. Anything that says temporary, seasonal is a clear picture of the company using “the try them before buying them method.” Its the hidden one they don't teach.

Box Ox

The training was a joke...I don't think UPS had any intention of retaining me as driver or facilitating my success. I accept it. I get it but I wish someone had been more upfront from the onset. I wouldn't have bothered. I wouldn't have quit my job.

So what you're saying is.....UPS HR LIED?!!

8tjuiLu.png

When In Rome...

Can't have it both ways.
You whined about training not being any good, and now are whining that you didn't need the training.

Pick a lane!

I just did! I'm talking about it here b/c I have every right. If you don't like it don't read it! I don't care about the policy or the contract or the reason. I care about the fact that I could not have performed any better given the training I received.

You're right. You win. I'm angry at the situation and I don't apologize for it.
So what you're saying is.....UPS HR LIED?!!

8tjuiLu.png

On Car Supervisor lied to cover his own ass - that's the culture at UPS...

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
I just did! I'm talking about it here b/c I have every right. If you don't like it don't read it! I don't care about the policy or the contract or the reason. I care about the fact that I could not have performed any better given the training I received.

You're right. You win. I'm angry at the situation and I don't apologize for it.

On Car Supervisor lied to cover his own ass - that's the culture at UPS...
are you female