New Recruits Beware

When In Rome...

i asked if you were female, if you are im surprised you got dq'ed, if your male not so much

That's an interesting observation and/or assumption. Seems to imply that all females, regardless of ability or performance, get the job on the basis of having a vagina...

Guess I'm disabled after all...

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
That's an interesting observation and/or assumption. Seems to imply that all females, regardless of ability or performance, get the job on the basis of having a vagina...

Guess I'm disabled after all...
At ups it usually works that way, cant speak for other places. There are a few exceptions though

When In Rome...

I don't have enough information or an opinion about it. All I know is at my HUB there was one female driver and one dark skinned driver. A few females worked in management but the majority of workers (drivers and preload) were Caucasian males ranging in age. I would think that if UPS gave females and/or minorities special treatment that my HUB would have had a more diverse population.

Just sayin...

Jkloc420

I don't have enough information or an opinion about it. All I know is at my HUB there was one female driver and one dark skinned driver. A few females worked in management but the majority of workers (drivers and preload) were Caucasian males ranging in age. I would think that if UPS gave females and/or minorities special treatment that my HUB would have had a more diverse population.

Just sayin...
They can only hire who applies, and keep who works out. They can hire, dont mean they stay. The work is still hard.

Saca La

What is it?
Sounds to me like you had a :censored2:ty supervisor.

But I thought you had to have 30 days driving by yourself to qualify. What happened to that ?

Just sayin...
Like less work for the same money?

When In Rome...

They can only hire who applies, and keep who works out. They can hire, dont mean they stay. The work is still hard.

The realist in me knows that gender and racial disparities exist in all organizations. It probably exists at UPS on some level, but I never witnessed or heard anything overt. However, I wasn't there long enough to make any such observation.

I don't think my race or gender had anything to do with the outcome.

I think I've been clear in saying that my On Car was an ass...just a really poor instructor...

When In Rome...

Like less work for the same money?

Don't know about that...I don't think in terms of race, gender, or age. I see people - nothing but people. At my hub I saw several hardworking people, mostly men. My guess is that some men worked harder than others. Senior drivers received a higher salary for performing that same service.

If anything, it's the PT drivers who get the shaft...forget about the rest...it's toxic...

Jkloc420

The realist in me knows that gender and racial disparities exist in all organizations. It probably exists at UPS on some level, but I never witnessed or heard anything overt. However, I wasn't there long enough to make any such observation.

I don't think my race or gender had anything to do with the outcome.

I think I've been clear in saying that my On Car was an ass...just a really poor instructor...
I am not doubting that at all

Don't know about that...I don't think in terms of race, gender, or age. I see people - nothing but people. At my hub I saw several hardworking people, mostly men. My guess is that some men worked harder than others. Senior drivers received a higher salary for performing that same service.

If anything, it's the PT drivers who get the shaft...forget about the rest...it's toxic...
A senior driver makes the same as a driver that went through their 4 year wage progression