New Region and District Managers named

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
UPSers.com has the new Region and District Mangers named.
Very diversified group of people heading up the new UPS.
Heavy Georgia connections (origin and pass through). Met several of the people as they came through.

P

pickup

[video=youtube;F6g1Dv-Ogio]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6g1Dv-Ogio[/video]

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
I have a feeling all the new management is going to be very numbers oriented(much like Scott Davis).

Service is now on the back burner, PROFIT is king!!

Raw

Raw Member
UPSers.com has the new Region and District Mangers named.
Very diversified group of people heading up the new UPS.
Heavy Georgia connections (origin and pass through). Met several of the people as they came through.
I`ve dealt with the Georgia mentality in a previous career ; " Good `ol boy " type. Scary stuff 50 years behind the times! :dissapointed:

MobileBA

"Really ... care to tell us what you think about African-Americans?" I'm thinking they are slightly over representated compared to the amount of Region and District managers. I'm curious was Buster Brown trying to limit potential lawsuits or were they trying to get on another best of list. Whatever the case its slightly obvious which really begs the question have you earned the job.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

"Really ... care to tell us what you think about African-Americans?" I'm thinking they are slightly over representated compared to the amount of Region and District managers. I'm curious was Buster Brown trying to limit potential lawsuits or were they trying to get on another best of list. Whatever the case its slightly obvious which really begs the question have you earned the job.

That wasn't where Hoax was going at all but I am curious as to how he will respond to this.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

That wasn't where Hoax was going at all but I am curious as to how he will respond to this.
I'm really hesitant to respond but I'm taking Pain Pills while I am passing a kidney stone so I guess I can blame that for lack of good judgment.
UPS concentrates on results and I think that is what the representation of races and sex reflects.
Of the 23 Region/District managers - 9 are African American, 7 are White males, 5 are females, 2 are Hispanic and 1 is Other (maybe Asian-Indian).*
I think we can look at this representation and be proud of our company.

* Note: one is a female African-American so she is reflected twice in the numbers.

And, you are right Upstate, I was giving raw a chance to follow up one bigoted remark with another.

tieguy

Banned

I've always found it interesitng that many people are for equal opportunity and diversity until minority representation becomes "over represented".

pretzel_man

I have a feeling all the new management is going to be very numbers oriented(much like Scott Davis).

Service is now on the back burner, PROFIT is king!!

Service is a number too. SEAS tracks service on every single package in the network.

Yes, numbers will be important. Cost, Revenue, AND Service.

P-Man

RoyalFlush

One of Them
I'm really hesitant to respond but I'm taking Pain Pills while I am passing a kidney stone so I guess I can blame that for lack of good judgment.
UPS concentrates on results and I think that is what the representation of races and sex reflects.
Of the 23 Region/District managers - 9 are African American, 7 are White males, 5 are females, 2 are Hispanic and 1 is Other (maybe Asian-Indian).*
I think we can look at this representation and be proud of our company.

* Note: one is a female African-American so she is reflected twice in the numbers.

And, you are right Upstate, I was giving raw a chance to follow up one bigoted remark with another.

Regardless of results, a team of over represented white males would not be tolerated or allowed.

Buffaloaf

Regardless of results, a team of over represented white males would not be tolerated or allowed.

It would certainly be allowed, but it would probably receive some complaining -- sort of like what we are seeing now. I think that it is telling that there are so many minorities -- to me that says that they really are looking at the results and not bending the rules for anyone in order to achieve a number that doesn't seem prejudice. Seems like a lot of crying over nothing.

Bad Gas!

It's ironic. Our DM in Ga. is a Yankee...He runs a big building and is very unpopular. I guess that's why he's sticking around..Very cold person!

705red

Browncafe Steward
I've always found it interesitng that many people are for equal opportunity and diversity until minority representation becomes "over represented".
I personally only want to see the best person get the position. I do not mind working for a woman, white/black/hispanic/asian, etc males as long as they are good at their jobs. But I have seen people promoted because of the color of their skin and think that they are special and that we owe them extra suport. The worst thing is working for someone that should not be in that position! IMHO