New route first day out no supervisor

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Bid a new route on the other side of the building, talked with my new supervisor on Monday said he would be ready to ride with me Tuesday. Get in early study the route talked to a fellow coworker about the route he had done and getting tips on how to run the route. So I go PCM supervisor is in browns and as I'm getting ready to get out of the building he tells me he will meet me out on route later. I think to myself okay, well I will give it my best shot on a route I have never done with businesses I have never been to as well as air stops I have no :censored2:ing idea about. So long story short he never came out and needless to say it was a long day ahead. My question is how often does this happen? Every route that I have bid or drove a supervisor has at least came out and tried to help in some sort of fashion.

Happens everyday

Time to put on your big boy pants and get it done

Forget the gps and get a map

Harley Rider

34 yrs & done!
At least you have gps and a phone to call someone if you really run into problems. I started back in 1984 before phones and the internet. All you had was a paper map and what you could glean from other drivers.

No telling how many routes I ran blind. Would have loved for 911 to be in effect with street names instead of RR1 box 311 etc.....

All you can do is your best. If you like the route then hang in there. It will get easier.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
At least you have gps and a phone to call someone if you really run into problems. I started back in 1984 before phones and the internet. All you had was a paper map and what you could glean from other drivers.

Yep.

Keys, truck number, paper map, load chart, and if you had a good on-car supervisor

a print out of the (previous) delivery records. And, a paper log to record pickups.

KoennenTiger

If you got the senority to bid a route then you must have been a cover guy for a long time. How in the world do you not remember how to run a route blind? You take it one package at a time and at noon you take your lunch and ODS "send help I'm gonna need it".

By the end of the second day you should have a pretty good grip on it.

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
If you got the senority to bid a route then you must have been a cover guy for a long time. How in the world do you not remember how to run a route blind? You take it one package at a time and at noon you take your lunch and ODS "send help I'm gonna need it".

By the end of the second day you should have a pretty good grip on it.
Never been a cover driver bid a route right out of PT and was seasonal for summer and winter before I started FT.