New route first day out no supervisor

KoennenTiger

Never been a cover driver bid a route right out of PT and was seasonal for summer and winter before I started FT.

Wow that's pretty incredible!

Did you get to see what kind of numbers were turned in by the last guy to have your new route? I'd stick it out. I'm sure as you get to know all the intricacies it will get a lot better.

Did you go from an industrial to a more resi area? I'd stick it out. Just think of what your first bid was like when you were new.

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down

Did you get to see what kind of numbers were turned in by the last guy to have your new route? I'd stick it out. I'm sure as you get to know all the intricacies it will get a lot better.

Did you go from an industrial to a more resi area? I'd stick it out. Just think of what your first bid was like when you were new.
Yeah I remember it was hard but never had a 11hr day my first day out. Tried to dispatch me a 12 hr day today so I told myself I would do it the rest of the week and see how I feel about it.

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down

It was a mix of bussiness and residential and pickups, the new route is suppose to be all residential but they have been giving me pickups as well.

KoennenTiger

Yeah I remember it was hard but never had a 11hr day my first day out. Tried to dispatch me a 12 hr day today so I told myself I would do it the rest of the week and see how I feel about it.

I was a cover guy for a long long time. I got used to those days.

Your new route? Resi heavy routes are for runner gunners to bonus on and get off at 4:30. But bonus an hour. You'll get it down once you know exactly where every house is and are just diddling along thinking about whatever nonsense you prefer while you auto pilot to the house.

I really don't think their are any "sweet" routes. It's just what you like. I like my route because I know everyone. Heck I see them driving by, wave, they pull over, "hey you want your wife's pills now bro?"

Eek eek out of area did you check this guys ID?

I'm not sure I'll ever change routes though I used to tell myself I would. Why bother? I like most of the peeps and if we don't get along we've already had that fight.

I mean I just don't believe things get better. You just accept them.

But if you want to run and gun it will prob take you a year to get to the point you auto pilot while day dreaming to the next two resis, grab both little Amazon bags, run them both, click, beep beep, auto pilot to the next one.

rod

Retired 22 years
I was a cover guy for a long long time. I got used to those days.

Your new route? Resi heavy routes are for runner gunners to bonus on and get off at 4:30. But bonus an hour. You'll get it down once you know exactly where every house is and are just diddling along thinking about whatever nonsense you prefer while you auto pilot to the house.

I really don't think their are any "sweet" routes. It's just what you like. I like my route because I know everyone. Heck I see them driving by, wave, they pull over, "hey you want your wife's pills now bro?"

Eek eek out of area did you check this guys ID?

I'm not sure I'll ever change routes though I used to tell myself I would. Why bother? I like most of the peeps and if we don't get along we've already had that fight.

I mean I just don't believe things get better. You just accept them.

But if you want to run and gun it will prob take you a year to get to the point you auto pilot while day dreaming to the next two resis, grab both little Amazon bags, run them both, click, beep beep, auto pilot to the next one.
I basically had the same route for 25 years. I could do it in my sleep. I knew EVERYONE and their kids names and their dogs name.

UrFellowUpser

Whenever i bid and win a route i dont need no dumb sup riding with me to learn the route. I can figure all that out by myself without all the extra stress and plus i ran most of them anyway.

KoennenTiger

I basically had the same route for 25 years. I could do it in my sleep. I knew EVERYONE and their kids names and their dogs name.

I just run my route on auto pilot every day. I don't even look at my board half the time. Heck I'll pull in to stops and stop before I even realize it's a weird day and I don't have anything for them. Wave bye see you tomorrow.

Heck I just go by the shelf half the time. Go organize my shelves and it all just gets imprinted for the day.

I can't wait until they start this 95% Orion compliance here. The only reason my trace half makes sense is because I almost died and a cover guy ran my stuff for months. I know where I'm going.

Bob11B

There is no excuse nowadays, this is why they have implemented Orion. This is the greatest tool ever and you can run any route blind and make scratch. TGFO, Thank God for Orion

Bob11B

I just run my route on auto pilot every day. I don't even look at my board half the time. Heck I'll pull in to stops and stop before I even realize it's a weird day and I don't have anything for them. Wave bye see you tomorrow.

Heck I just go by the shelf half the time. Go organize my shelves and it all just gets imprinted for the day.

I can't wait until they start this 95% Orion compliance here. The only reason my trace half makes sense is because I almost died and a cover guy ran my stuff for months. I know where I'm going.
They did the 95% Orion here for a few weeks, everyone ignored it and haven’t heard again about it in weeks.