New seniority list

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Please follow, this employee was hired in 1990 in PA as a PT, Than he transferred to AZ as a PT in 1998. in 2003 this employee made a transfer as PT to a new hub that just opened that year (change of operations, seniority dovetailed ). Than in 2004 he made another transfer as a PT to another hub (no change of operations, just a normal transfer) in 2005 he went combo (same hub) and is been there ever since. I argue that his seniority is 2004 in this present hub! This employee argues his seniority is 1998 when he transferred from PA to AZ, is he right??
You would think that a guy who has done that many transfers would know the rules, but maybe not.

22.34life

Depends on your supplement language and if the employee followed his work or did he just transfer buildings.in the south it's based on building senority unless following your work.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Please follow, this employee was hired in 1990 in PA as a PT, Than he transferred to AZ as a PT in 1998. in 2003 this employee made a transfer as PT to a new hub that just opened that year (change of operations, seniority dovetailed ). Than in 2004 he made another transfer as a PT to another hub (no change of operations, just a normal transfer) in 2005 he went combo (same hub) and is been there ever since. I argue that his seniority is 2004 in this present hub! This employee argues his seniority is 1998 when he transferred from PA to AZ, is he right??
I’am going with 2004
Definitely not 1998

Union 💪🏽 Strong

I’am going with 2004
Definitely not

When he went FT he should have received a new adjusted FT seniority date. Where his 2004 date should have been cut in half.

I agree with you though. His transfer of 2004 should be his seniority date. I would file a grievance under the article I posted above and article 4 of the WRT.
Let me pick your brain a little more! So when it comes to extra work, this employee tends to write 1998 as his seniority in the extra work list! So when it comes to extra work is this employee correct to use 1998?? Or he has to use 2004?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
The way I understand it the 1998 date would only be used for the number of vacation weeks and personal days and such. not for bidding purposes
This is for a part timer educational or hardship transfer
Maybe I’am not understanding the situation

542thruNthru

This employee is Monday - Friday and picks up another shift on Saturday sort (all based on seniority)
I would say if it's in a job that a part timer with more seniority is qualified for then they should be able to file a grievance.

His seniority date is not 1998. You really need to speak with your BA about this and also ask that he/she speak with the member so that he is aware of it.

Overpaid Union Thug

He is wrong. But that guy’s company seniority is 1990. His classification seniority is 2005. The 2004 date is his building seniority date. But whatever the seniority list says will probably stick.

Any dispute/correction to errors on the actual seniority lists should have been made long ago. Contractually, any seniority list errors that aren’t corrected in a timely manner “shall stand as correct.”
755EC42B-043E-41CB-8A3E-9382388BE57B.jpeg

542thruNthru

That guy’s company seniority is 1990. His classification seniority is 2005. The 2004 date is his building seniority date which would more or less be irrelevant at this point.

Any dispute/correction to errors on the actual seniority lists should have been made long ago. It’s too late now, Contractually, any seniority list errors that aren’t corrected in a timely manner “shall stand as correct.” View attachment 374287
That's the southern language. He's in the Western/Southwest package rider. He would be able to grieve it here from point of knowledge. Especially if the list was not kept up to date. Which it rarely ever is.

Here his building seniority would come into play if he were looking for extra work in a different classification. His classification seniority would be used for bidding/vacation and such inside the 22.3 ranks.

Overpaid Union Thug

That's the southern language. He's in the Western/Southwest package rider. He would be able to grieve it here from point of knowledge. Especially if the list was not kept up to date. Which it rarely ever is.

Here his building seniority would come into play if he were looking for extra work in a different classification. His classification seniority would be used for bidding/vacation and such inside the 22.3 ranks.

What a damn mess. It is utterly retarded to have so many different contracts for the same damn job.

I’m wondering if that guy was also able to obtain his 22.3 position by using the incorrect seniority date. Imagine being the person he was able to skip. I am a firm believer that company seniority should apply across-the-board but if the language says otherwise I respect it.

542thruNthru

What a damn mess. It is utterly retarded to have so many different contracts for the same damn job.

I’m wondering if that guy was also able to obtain his 22.3 position by using the incorrect seniority date. Imagine being the person he was able to skip. I am a firm believer that company seniority should apply across-the-board but if the language says otherwise I respect it.
I was curious if he used that seniority date as well. Though they did just build a new building in AZ and we're hiring a ton of people.