New Social Security bill

How does one become illegal?
Not having legal documentation. I cannot go to Canada today because I do not have the legal documentation.

I cannot jump the fence at the White House. I cannot go to many place without a TWIC card. I cannot bypass security at a federal building. I cannot bring weed into a federal building.

But I can make restitution if I do. Therefore I become legal again.

newfie

the pension and healthcare is a major reason why people enlist and that's where the costs are.

the over whelming majority of military recruits never reenlist past their first enlistment. do you have any other theories as a never served military expert?

newfie

You'll be the guy complaining when a head of lettuce cost $8 and a pint of berries is $20. Since the migrant workers agriculture relies upon to get your fresh produce to you, with minimal loss of product on the vine, keeping the costs at an affordable level for all consumers, many of whom are illegal, will not be able to enter the country.

Or perhaps you sick :censored2:s will stand at the border with rifles and mirrored sunglasses and pick the biggest strongest mexicans, tag them with below the skin rfid transmitters, and round them up when they finished up the harvest. Boot their asses out quick like. Tax their earnings while you're at it.

legal migratory workers make that much more then illegal workers? any other laws that you're trying to justify breaking with made up nonsense?

So you're saying someone who drives without a license is an illegal until they pull over, then they're legal. Lol.

People can't be illegal.
Your logic is garbage.
Call it what you want. I would be illegal in Canada. My crime is being in a place I do not belong.

LarryBird

legal migratory workers make that much more then illegal workers? any other laws that you're trying to justify breaking with made up nonsense?
I can't comment on what every legal vs illegal migrant worker's hourly rate is. But there's a shortage of these workers overall right now, and making it harder for these workers to get in isn't gonna help that in any way, is it? Until there are American citizens in line to do the jobs the immigrants fill, conservatives need to chillax on the nonsense. These people provide us a service. We rely on them for so many things you just take for granted. They do the jobs Americans think they're too good to do.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
No, I agree a $15 per hour min wage would cause prices to rise. Without legislation and government involvement. Otherwise there's no way that business doesn't pass the cost along to the consumer. A $15 per hour min wage has the power to greatly devalue wages for all workers. It could totally stagnate the economy if done wrong.

But with the right implementation, and business acting in a forced good-faith arrangement with government, it could work fine. Losing a little bit of profit to pay workers a living wage, instead of having government, by way of the taxpayers, subsidize your workforce isn't too much to ask. If it puts you out of business, then your business plan wasn't very sound, and you were operating on margins that were gonna bankrupt you anyway. Better you got a head start on a new venture.
Stop taxing businesses, period, and they could afford that $15/hr wage without raising prices.

newfie

I can't comment on what every legal vs illegal migrant worker's hourly rate is. But there's a shortage of these workers overall right now, and making it harder for these workers to get in isn't gonna help that in any way, is it? Until there are American citizens in line to do the jobs the immigrants fill, conservatives need to chillax on the nonsense. These people provide us a service. We rely on them for so many things you just take for granted. They do the jobs Americans think they're too good to do.

thats odd that you would make these comments when you have no idea what the wage rates actually are?

your highlighted comment partially recognizes that there is a shortage of workers in general including the low wage illegals that have traditionally been vicitimized by the farm industry because of their illegal status.

There is also a shortage of all workers thanks to this booming economy and thanks to the man Trump who has engineered this booming economy.

and I'm sure in the interest of fairness you were also going to point out that despite Trumps efforts to stop illegal immigration he has allowed a record number of legal immigrants into this country?

Record 44.5 Million Immigrants in 2017

Because the action of crossing undocumented is a civil offense. Simply being here undocumented is not a crime.
True simply being undocumented is not a crime, but it does come with consequences.

A criminal violation comes with a punishment, like time in prison. Civil cases come with penalties instead. Deportation is considered a penalty under federal law, not a punishment.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Just you!

I knew you didn’t know what you were talking about ... but that goes without saying.
You seem a little unhinged tonight friend.
be careful, I have an arsenal.
I myself have had problems with depression and self-worth issues.

I almost took my life a couple of times.
my psychologist suggested I come back on here
I hope it works out for you.
Good luck my guy.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
True simply being undocumented is not a crime, but it does come with consequences.

A criminal violation comes with a punishment, like time in prison. Civil cases come with penalties instead. Deportation is considered a penalty under federal law, not a punishment.
So they're not illegal.
Cool beans.

BrownArmy

Probably because most of them are only committing a civil crime.

No, seriously?

If it's such a major problem/National Emergency, shouldn't we put all hands on deck to solve this problem?

If 'illegals' couldn't get work, they wouldn't come, but Republicans are just not ready to punish those who hire 'illegals'.

It's like, I have a water leak in my house, but instead of fixing my pipes, Republicans propose that I install a moat around the leak.

LOL, fix the leak.

LarryBird

No, seriously?

If it's such a major problem/National Emergency, shouldn't we put all hands on deck to solve this problem?

If 'illegals' couldn't get work, they wouldn't come, but Republicans are just not ready to punish those who hire 'illegals'.

It's like, I have a water leak in my house, but instead of fixing my pipes, Republicans propose that I install a moat around the leak.

LOL, fix the leak.
Exactly. The fact that they're finding work here suggests there's a market for their labor. If there wasn't they would not come. Either fill these jobs with Americans or the illegals will fill the vacuum. These jobs need to get done either way. Why conservatives care so much who does it, is kind of dumbfounding to me, them being for the free market and all.