New Social Security bill

No, seriously?

If it's such a major problem/National Emergency, shouldn't we put all hands on deck to solve this problem?

If 'illegals' couldn't get work, they wouldn't come, but Republicans are just not ready to punish those who hire 'illegals'.

It's like, I have a water leak in my house, but instead of fixing my pipes, Republicans propose that I install a moat around the leak.

LOL, fix the leak.
Is It legal to target illegals at work? I know Obama did it at least once.

Some think the leak is at the border. Stop the leak at the border then clean up the mess inside the border.

Just remember they are not illegals @DriveInDriveOut prefers deportables.

It will be fine

Is It legal to target illegals at work? I know Obama did it at least once.

Some think the leak is at the border. Stop the leak at the border then clean up the mess inside the border.

Just remember they are not illegals @DriveInDriveOut prefers deportables.
It doesn’t matter where some people think the leak is, we have data that shows most illegal immigration is visa overstays. E-verify is cheap and easy, mandate it for employers and a big part of the problem solves itself.

It doesn’t matter where some people think the leak is, we have data that shows most illegal immigration is visa overstays. E-verify is cheap and easy, mandate it for employers and a big part of the problem solves itself.
Who are the ones that commit felonies? The ones that overstay their visas or the ones that come without?

rod

Retired 22 years
Exactly. The fact that they're finding work here suggests there's a market for their labor. If there wasn't they would not come. Either fill these jobs with Americans or the illegals will fill the vacuum. These jobs need to get done either way. Why conservatives care so much who does it, is kind of dumbfounding to me, them being for the free market and all.
I don't think it's the ones that actually do all the grunt work that people are concerned with. It's the rest of the low lifes that tag along with them who want every hand out know to man given to them. Minnesota right now is considering a bill that would give illegals driver licenses. Why in hell would anyone think thats a good idea? Can you imagine sneaking into Mexico and expecting to get a drivers license and schooling and a hundred other freebies.

BrownArmy

Who are the ones that commit felonies? The ones that overstay their visas or the ones that come without?

Irrelevant.

Dry up the well, no one's gonna come for water.

Should we build a wall, or stop the reason for people to come?

Republicans just can't bring themselves to stop the reason for people coming over: jobs.

Prosecute anyone who hires 'illegals'.

Never gonna happen.

Why not, you ask?

Donors to the Republican party.

It's way more useful to demonize the 'illegal' immigrant labor we literally depend on, than it is to be honest and make the changes that would work.

$8 lettuce y'all, you wouldn't stand for it, so you're complicit.

We're all complicit.

Irrelevant.

Republicans just can't bring themselves to stop the reason for people coming over: jobs.

Never gonna happen.

Why not, you ask?

It's way more useful to demonize the 'illegal' immigrant labor we literally depend on, than it is to be honest and make the changes that would work.

We're all complicit.
The fellons are not coming to pick berries.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Irrelevant.

Never gonna happen.

Why not, you ask?

We're all complicit.
Yeah, that worked so well with the drug war.

newfie

Exactly. The fact that they're finding work here suggests there's a market for their labor. If there wasn't they would not come. Either fill these jobs with Americans or the illegals will fill the vacuum. These jobs need to get done either way. Why conservatives care so much who does it, is kind of dumbfounding to me, them being for the free market and all.

there is a legal process for them to come here. legal immigration is up significantly . Our country is accomadating those who wish to come here legally.

people who want to come here have to follow the rules. they do not have the right to decide how our country will welcome them.

newfie

visa overstays are people who have already identified theirselves through a formal application process. They are not members of MS13 or terrorists but people who went through the application and background process and came back clean.

anyone sneaking across the border is not identified unless they are caught or surrender. many of those people are hardened criminals and a threat to this country. many are drug smugglers. many are engaged in human trafficking.

I hope you now understand the difference.

BrownArmy

visa overstays are people who have already identified theirselves through a formal application process. They are not members of MS13 or terrorists but people who went through the application and background process and came back clean.

anyone sneaking across the border is not identified unless they are caught or surrender. many of those people are hardened criminals and a threat to this country. many are drug smugglers. many are engaged in human trafficking.

I hope you now understand the difference.

Wow, no matter the actual evidence put in front of you, you're going to tow the Trump line.

Trump's own agencies disagree with his nonsense about this and that, evidently you're going with 'Dear Leader' instead of actual facts.

Good little Comrade.