New sorter in small sorts

So, it's a promotion now? Great to know, that's one of the only things I was trying to figure out, thanks! Try googling "small sorts becoming a sorter after bagging" and tell me the great results you get. Everything is about sorting in the regular hub and nothing about small sorts because only a handful of people work small sorts in any given location.
Hate to burst your bubble, but you are not a sorter. Did you ever pass a sort test? Do you sort by zips or city, states? You scan a package and put it in the bin that lights up. Unskilled just like a bagger. Pass the sort test and go sort in the sort aisle with the big boys if you want the extra Dollar/hr.

drazzy93

Another essay haha.. Sounds like you would be a perfect PT sup lmao. I'm done replying, good luck again.

Okay, since this seems to be a difficult concept for you to understand, I'll try to break it down.

If you don't want a response, then don't make a :censored2:ing comment. Simple, right? You should probably quit your job if you hate UPS so much.

drazzy93

Hate to burst your bubble, but you are not a sorter. Did you ever pass a sort test? Do you sort by zips or city, states? You scan a package and put it in the bin that lights up. Unskilled just like a bagger. Pass the sort test and go sort in the sort aisle with the big boys if you want the extra Dollar/hr.

Believe me, there is no bubble you are bursting. I was simply asking a question, and I will bring this up with my supervisors. Thank you for your response, however rude it was, it was slightly helpful and answered my questions somewhat.

Believe me, there is no bubble you are bursting. I was simply asking a question, and I will bring this up with my supervisors. Thank you for your response, however rude it was, it was slightly helpful and answered my questions somewhat.
Sorry if you thought I was being rude. After 39 years you would think I would have more patience with new employees (I don"t). This is the way it works in my building along with preloaders no longer receiving the extra Dollar?hr preload rate because of PAS, preload is no longer a skilled job. The Union agreed to it so it is a done deal. Your building may be different.

jose93209

Okay, since this seems to be a difficult concept for you to understand, I'll try to break it down.

If you don't want a response, then don't make a :censored2:ing comment. Simple, right? You should probably quit your job if you hate UPS so much.

I don't hate UPS. I just have no patience for new, :censored2: workers that soak up every little compliment whatever supervisor said. I hope you receive a gold star the next time you sort at an unbelievable rate. Hope you realize you need to pass a SORT TEST in order to get the extra dollar. When a bin lights up and you put a package in it and move on, it's just that. It's not a skilled position. It's takes ZERO SKILL. Stop over inflating your :censored2: head. You don't deserve the extra dollar, you're not :censored2:ing special kid.

Become a sup, suck some more supervisor dick, and move up. Put that on your :censored2:ing resume.

clean hairy

What is up with all these UPSers who have an axe to grind with UPS management? You are pulling a baseless assumption straight out of your ass. I don't even know how you came to the conclusion that other employees don't like me because if you went to my department you would find exponentially otherwise.

The coworker I had who tried to become a sorter is my friend. She was way before I even got on good terms with my PT sups. EVERYONE at my department likes me because they know I actually work hard and try my damn best to help out. The only thing is that I have noticed that my coworkers keep staring at me now that I'm sorting which I think is mainly because they are surprised I became one after just a few months.

In fact, I am regularly peeling bags for my coworkers in between sorts and bags, and just generally doing what I can do to make their lives easier. ALL my coworkers like me, and in fact this is the first job where I ever felt like I was part of a team. Don't tell me to stop writing essays and then stick a jab in the last sentence of your post. So, :censored2: right off.
You are getting honest feedback from folks who have been with the company for decades and don't like the answers you are getting.
You stated you have no time to even take a drink of water, yet you have time to help others bag?
The Supervisor issue, when they are shuffled and you get the worst that ever walked in the door, always in your face, you will understand.

drazzy93

You are getting honest feedback from folks who have been with the company for decades and don't like the answers you are getting.
You stated you have no time to even take a drink of water, yet you have time to help others bag?
The Supervisor issue, when they are shuffled and you get the worst that ever walked in the door, always in your face, you will understand.

How did you arrive to the conclusion that "I don't like the answers I'm getting," what in the actual :censored2: are you talking about? I've readily accepted all feedback I've gotten here. I only started arguing with anyone in here when they started to lash out baseless personal attacks especially that dude who was saying "It sounds like your coworkers don't like you." Develop some damn reading skills.

For Christ's sake you can even see that clearly in my post where I say very clearly "Believe me, there is no bubble you are bursting. I was simply asking a question, and I will bring this up with my supervisors. Thank you for your response, however rude it was, it was slightly helpful and answered my questions somewhat."

Don't come at me unless you've actually taken the time to read through the thread because you sound not too smart..

Last edited by a moderator:

clean hairy

I have read the entire thread, are you able to communicate without trying to impress us with your vast vocabulary of curse words? (which btw, IS a violation of the TOS)

billerz

If you scan the smalls and the bins light up, you will not get a raise, or at least you shouldn't.
Is it a promotion? No, you are still part time just in a different position.