New Sticker on your car!

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
Walked up to the boxline and saw the full time soup placing stickers inside the cars. This was on the top shelf about midway in. The sticker said, Dont load 40 pounds on top shelf.

I can already see a lot wrong with this new " suggestion " as a loading method.

Coming to a building near you very soon!

curiousbrain

As of late, the company has internally gone absolutely crazy with all this sort of stuff.

Soon, the UPX45 program will replace the previous UPX90 program (for pt sups), and once you see the garbage they have them doing, you'll just stare at your feet and shake your head - if you don't already.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Walked up to the boxline and saw the full time soup placing stickers inside the cars. This was on the top shelf about midway in. The sticker said, Dont load 40 pounds on top shelf.

Loyal Teamster

40LB is pathetic, i load up to 65+LB on top shelfs. But I asked my Drivers if they were ok with it when i started the area.
In a different area i had a driver who would complain about 35LB'ers on middle shelf, he was 6'2" and around 260LB.

Thanks,
Loyal Teamster

curiousbrain

40LB is pathetic, i load up to 65+LB on top shelfs. But I asked my Drivers if they were ok with it when i started the area.
In a different area i had a driver who would complain about 35LB'ers on middle shelf, he was 6'2" and around 260LB.

Thanks,
Loyal Teamster

I have a theory, that maybe 'Loyal Teamster' is really 'Integrity' ... maybe LT could start signing his posts, too:

Thanks,
LT

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
Same here, im not afraid of dunking a 65 pounder on the top shelf. As long as its out of the way and together with its brothers and sisters, its all good.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
Not a new rule. It's been around since they implemented the 150lb rule. The old stickers were probably worn off. They are putting them in the new package cars because they don't come from the factory with them on. I don't mind over 40lbs on the top shelfs so long and they aren't locked in tight against the ribs or have smaller packages on top of them. Or if they're loaded past the step in back of the trucks. It gets a little rough on the shoulders then.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Not a new rule. It's been around since they implemented the 150lb rule. The old stickers were probably worn off. They are putting them in the new package cars because they don't come from the factory with them on. I don't mind over 40lbs on the top shelfs so long and they aren't locked in tight against the ribs or have smaller packages on top of them. Or if they're loaded past the step in back of the trucks. It gets a little rough on the shoulders then.

I've never seen one of these stickers on a package car. I've driven everything from p500 with a million miles on it to p47 to old 800's to the brand spanking new ones coming in now.

Hell with most of my under 30lb stuff going to the post office most of the truck is over 40 lbs.

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll

Are you really complaining about this? Do you know how hard it makes the unloaders' job? This should be common sense. Sometimes I feel like we need to make new hires take a common sense test before we let them through the door. Same for drivers - atleast make it a requirement for them to have their HS diploma and 15 college credits.

curiousbrain

Are you really complaining about this? Do you know how hard it makes the unloaders' job? This should be common sense. Sometimes I feel like we need to make new hires take a common sense test before we let them through the door. Same for drivers - atleast make it a requirement for them to have their HS diploma and 15 college credits.

Hey, any time you want to pull 40+ pounds off the top shelf for over 8 hours a day, go right ahead.

If you want to know what it's like, just have your best friend drop a half bag of cement (typically about 80 pounds) from above your shoulders into your arms every 5 minutes for 8 hours.

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Hey, any time you want to pull 40+ pounds off the top shelf for over 8 hours a day, go right ahead.

If you want to know what it's like, just have your best friend drop a half bag of cement (typically about 80 pounds) from above your shoulders into your arms every 5 minutes for 8 hours.

I think you misunderstood me. I'm totally against putting heavy packages on top of the top shelf

oldngray

nowhere special
Every time I found an over 70 on the top shelf the preloader was lucky he wasn't around. By the next time I saw him I had mostly cooled off.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Lots of big talk coming from....the mouth of a new hire. Yes, keep making snap judgements about employees you don't nothing about. You've been here five minutes. It should be common sense. One of my drivers wants everything possible under 70 on his shelves. He's like if you can get it up there, I can get it down lol.

Cementups

Box Monkey

Thanks,
Loyal Teamster

Maybe you should be my loader then. Two weeks ago he had a 135lb. NDA loaded on my top shelf in my 1000 section. I was shellshocked. Why would he even attempt that?!?!?
BTW, I'm that 6'2" 250lb driver. But I'll take heavier packages on the middle shelf all day long. Right in my power zone.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Maybe you. should be my loader then. Two weeks ago he had a 135lb. NDA loaded on my top shelf in my 1000 section. I was shellshocked. Why would he even attempt that?!?!?
BTW, I'm that 6'2" 250lb driver. But I'll take heavier packages on the middle shelf all day long. Right in my power zone.

Don't worry about it. They are made to bounce.:-)

Loyal Teamster

MOST packages on top shelf aren't over 40LB, so you scenerio wouldn't apply(to me).

Maybe you should be my loader then. Two weeks ago he had a 135lb. NDA loaded on my top shelf in my 1000 section. I was shellshocked. Why would he even attempt that?!?!?

He wouldn't want them in middle shelf. Only floor. I'd call him Princess(behind his back of course)
​Lucky for me I changed areas.

Thanks,
Loyal Teamster