New to preload

LookMaNoHands

In my hub, I am one of four peak PVD’s that got hired after for preload. My question is, why are some of us moved to different trucks, while others stay put. I understand seniority, I’m not talking about preloaders that have been there longer than us. Two of us have been moved several times, while the other two have been on the same trucks since day one.

SandSpida

All I got for you is work as instructed and never try to make sense of any decisions that are made with in those walls. Work fast and efficient and you will be rewarded with more work.

Swanson

Henry Swanson's my name, and excitement's my game.
They move everybody around including supervisors,there is no point of trying to make sense of it.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
In my hub, I am one of four peak PVD’s that got hired after for preload. My question is, why are some of us moved to different trucks, while others stay put. I understand seniority, I’m not talking about preloaders that have been there longer than us. Two of us have been moved several times, while the other two have been on the same trucks since day one.

They move the screwups hoping one day to find something they don’t screwup

Spanky250

Probably because you were good at it. Do a terrible job and they’ll reward you . That’s how it works at ups.

Yep. I learned a long time ago, if you go out and do a really good job and get done early, your reward is, MORE WORK. But if you're a slacker that runs 2 or 3 hours over every day, your punishment is, LESS WORK, because they take some from you and give it to the hard worker.

So I split the difference, I try to run no more than a half hour over lol.

Whereistheunion

I'm sorry, But the company sees you as another body example: ( the 300 belt needs help they're being overwhelmed send us 1 more BODY PLEASE) until you join the UNION you don't have a leg to stand on. The other 2 former PVDS must be doing a outstanding job PRELOADING.

Whereistheunion

Yep. I learned a long time ago, if you go out and do a really good job and get done early, your reward is, MORE WORK. But if you're a slacker that runs 2 or 3 hours over every day, your punishment is, LESS WORK, because they take some from you and give it to the hard worker.

So I split the difference, I try to run no more than a half hour over lol.
The more things change, the more they STAY the same. BUT REMEMBER BETTER NOT BIGGER 🙂

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
Just come in do your job and shut up.

ZeroHandicapper

Olympic Preload Gold Medalist
Take it as a compliment. They move the good ones around. Be thankful you get to load multiple areas and learn the trucks and how each driver wants their truck loaded.

Take it as a compliment. They move the good ones around. Be thankful you get to load multiple areas and learn the trucks and how each driver wants their truck loaded.

Yeah, that would be my guess as well. I keep getting pulled into other trucks to keep up with loads that the others can't keep up with (although I often get overwhelmed too). There's a new guy there who loads slowly and messily. I sometimes have to fix his mistakes.