New to the site

UPS Lifer

Welcome and Happy Peak!

I ran the West Coast inbound air operation before I retired. Air is always fun and a challenge. During the last week of peak we would unload about 400 cans and 50 feeders a day and we did it with only 185 people!!! My operation would blow up to be the biggest in the district. It was fun!!!! I was lucky to have some outstanding people to work with.

This will be my first peak away from the operation!!! We are glad to have you here!

happy harry

Welcome and Happy Peak!

I ran the West Coast inbound air operation before I retired. Air is always fun and a challenge. During the last week of peak we would unload about 400 cans and 50 feeders a day and we did it with only 185 people!!! My operation would blow up to be the biggest in the district. It was fun!!!! I was lucky to have some outstanding people to work with.

This will be my first peak away from the operation!!! We are glad to have you here!

Im new here as well. Good luck in retirement. Its nice to see employees still having fun after a 35 year sentence.lol

over9five

Staff member
"This will be my first peak away from the operation!!! "

Me too!

Oh, wait. I'm in Feeders now, so technically I'm still in the operation.... Is it Peak yet?? It's weird. No overtime.... I'm not tired every night....

How will I know when Peak gets here?????????????

moreluck

golden ticket member
over9five.....you'll know because you'll see packages wrapped in brown paper and tied with string.....those once-a-year senders never learn.

:happy2:

goin2fast4u

Load n' Planes
Yeah our air hub in cleveland is small, we only have 32 people on our shifts and on the last week of peak we have 4 planes at night and 5-6 planes in the morning. This is my 4th peak and my 4th year of double shifting. Call me crazy but i kinda like peak. I wish it was busy like that all the time at our operation. Thanks for all the welcomes

rod

Retired 22 years
You only have to remember one thing - it's union Streward not union Stewart. Other spelling errors don't count

satellitedriver

You only have to remember one thing - it's union Streward not union Stewart. Other spelling errors don't count
Rod,
All in fun, look at what you posted.

" it's union Streward not union Stewart. Other spelling errors don't count"

Did you do that on purpose?
Or, am I just being nit-picky on your spelling.
Sorry, I just couldn't pass it up.
PAX

rod

Retired 22 years
Rod,
All in fun, look at what you posted.

" it's union Streward not union Stewart. Other spelling errors don't count"

Did you do that on purpose?
Or, am I just being nit-picky on your spelling.
Sorry, I just couldn't pass it up.
PAX
No I didn't do that on purpose. It's a full blown spelling screwup:happy2: Memo to self- ease up on the drinking and posting thing.