New to ups. Question about union strike

BigBadBrown2018

I just passed intergrad. I am starting work with UPS on Tuesday as a permanent driver. If the union goes on strike what does that mean for me? Since I haven't done my 30 days yet.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I just passed intergrad. I am starting work with UPS on Tuesday as a permanent driver. If the union goes on strike what does that mean for me? Since I haven't done my 30 days yet.

It means that you won't work until long after the strike is settled. Unless you cross the picket line to work, but you really don't want to do that.

Relax, there won't be a strike anyhow.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Thank you guys I'm happy to be with big brown! School was intense. Ready to work now.
School is nothing like what you’ll experience during the year let alone peak. No see through package cars and not harnes to hold you up. Take your time and remember you can only deliver one stop at a time.

Rumpel Stiltkin

its a pity to manage workers just last week my freaking sup was on my ass and slam box comes nailing him in the face. he served it. but at that moment i realized i was wrong hes just doing his job making stupid decisions its just their job

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
Talk to the vets and ask questions if you dont know, management will give you half assed answers. Get a good headlamp for peak and dont get into a accident at all costs. You seasonal or permanent hire? Get to know your steward and BA.

542thruNthru

Thank you guys I'm happy to be with big brown! School was intense. Ready to work now.

Just remember you still haven't passed yet.

Come in early and do whatever you have to do to pass. Find people that know that route and ask questions. A closed mouth don't get fed.

Remember the numbers are against you. So do what you have to. Once you've made your 30days. Slow down and work safe and do the job right. Don't fall for the "we are a Team" crap. UPS doesn't care about you one bit.

Good luck.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Are you a part time employee going full time, or an off-street hire?

What region of the country are you working in....and are you sure that you are being brought on as a "permanent driver"???

Seems unlikely, as most areas are now in the "seasonal period", where no days count towards qualification until after New Years.

....especially with the Company salivating over the notion of hiring 22.4 drivers as soon as they can settle the outstanding supplements.

Not rooting against you at all, but you deserve the truth, good luck.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
School was intense? A truck getting blown up by a roadside bomb is intense, killing a guy as you run from a vehicle trying to run you down is intense, watching a live baby exit a woman's body is intense...WTF do you know?

If you think UPS's little puke fake-ass boot camp school was intense, you are going to be in for a rude awakening when and if you complete your qualification. Good luck to you and keep an open mind and clear head. That's all you've got here at UPS.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
School was intense? A truck getting blown up by a roadside bomb is intense, killing a guy as you run from a vehicle trying to run you down is intense, watching a live baby exit a woman's body is intense...WTF do you know?

If you think UPS's little puke fake-ass boot camp school was intense, you are going to be in for a rude awakening when and if you complete your qualification. Good luck to you and keep an open mind and clear head. That's all you've got here at UPS.
I have been driving for 25 years and have yet to see any of those things on route???

Don't project your PTSD issues on the new guy!!!....WTH???:raspberry-tounge:

542thruNthru

I had a photo finish to the bathroom while on route once. Does that count as intense?