new trucks

K

kumet

I have a new p1000, 4700 miles, every morning "engine warn " light at mile 1. Ill turn off car and restart. It will happen again once more at mile 2 then be ok rest of day. any one else having this prob?

S

switchoff

I avoid the problem by not driving anything bigger than a P5
happy.gif

The bigger the truck, the more I have to hump!

B

brownmonster

Just rolled 250000 on my p10. In the shop for new injectors and a glow plug. Been very reliable the last 10 years.

Q

quebec_driver

got the new p47 made in germany(Mercedes), the fuel pumps were clogging, aside from that very comfortable ride

P

p_d_quick

kumet... I had a similar problem in my p32. only when the light came on it stayed on. mechanics found that with so much aluminum in the vehicle, there was a problem getting the on-board computer to ground properly. problem fixed, every thing ok.
pdq

S

sendagain

I used to drive a truck made in 57 when I first started driving in 78, plywood floors and all.

W

wornoutupser

Speed,
There IS hope. Our building just crushed the last two P-600's that we had. One had a frame that would "flex" if the truck was uneven on the pavement. It was scary to drive.

S

speeddemon

Realistically, 50% of our trucks are worn out. We are the last in our division to get new eqipment. I guess we are going to have to quit coming in the top 10 on the balance scorecard out of 50 centers, start running like ^%$#, then well get some good equipment.

W

wornoutupser

I agree about the condition of the fleet. We have an abundance of the old P-500's that are a thorn in the side of the mechanic.
We are told that parts are not available and that a Cadillac can not be made of Volkswagen parts.
I have to side with the mechanic- remember that I posted about the P-5 at Christmas that would throw you off the road.
That same week, we had another P-5 rolled that went off the road and was written up previously by several drivers that it was unsafe to drive. That driver is still out on comp.
We suddenly all got brand new tires put on the front of the cars in one night- yet the company insists that nothing was wrong with the old ones.

I

ironylife

the old sixes are being eliminated. It will take some time but it will happen nation wide.

S

switchoff

The P5 I drive has over 550,000 km on it and still drives/handles very good compared to some of the other ones in the center. I'd still rather drive the P5 than the new P47's.

E

ezrider

If given the choice I'd take the P-5 over the P-8 in almost any circumstamnce. The P-8 on a country run is as bad as it gets for a driver. It's terribly underpowered for use on two-lane highways even when near empty and when fully loaded with business pick-ups the problem is that much worse.

As a result of re-looping, the few country cars that had newer adequate vehicles were eliminated and now most of the areas have been dumped on drivers all stuck with those dinosaur P-8's and P-10's that on many occasions can't get into the long driveways and be able to turn around for a safe exit like the P-5 or a P-7 could. I can remember when I started at this 10 yrs back and everyone wanted one of those high mileage extended runs, but not anymore. Too big and too slow with too much weight out in the country is too much of a liability.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
These new trucks beep more than a NYC taxi stuck in traffic. So much more than back in 2005.