New Uniforms

Big Babooba

I'm very disappointed in the quality of the new uniforms. The only reason I came to work here is for the free clothes. Now I guess I'll have to find a new job.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
They are typical, poor quality, and cheaply made Chinese clothes. Sized wrong, and probably lead in the brown dye.:mad:

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
The Police,Fire and Ambulance in my area uses uniforms from a company called VF Imagewear......same company that supplies FEDEX new uniforms and outerwear..

rod

Retired 22 years
the main question is "will they burn good at your retirement party"? That's what I did with mine.:cool:

browned_out

:cursing: I just started wearing some of the "new" uniforms, I noticed that my neck is always itchy while I'm delivering, this doesn't happen when I wear my old uniforms. Must be some cheaper material or some 12 year old kid can't get the stiching right.

25yrvet

I have an ol' olympics logo shirt that I'll wear once in a while. When customers ask about it I'll say, "We are an olympic sponser and ups is a 5 ring circus".

Overpaid Union Thug

I just wish there was a windbreaker type pullover with a pocket for info notices. All the best stuff isn't "authorized" for wear. I also wish there were better hats we could wear. Such as a baseball cap without the stiff backing in it. I've heard them referred to as "low profile hats."

looper804

Is it time to go home yet
I have been wearing the polo shirts from Cintas for the last 15 years.Can't wear those shirts provided for free.Make me itch and sweat.Cintas had a warehouse clearance sale last summer,I bought all the old logo polos they had.Should last me to retirement.

outamyway

:cursing: I just started wearing some of the "new" uniforms, I noticed that my neck is always itchy while I'm delivering, this doesn't happen when I wear my old uniforms. Must be some cheaper material or some 12 year old kid can't get the stiching right.

I still have the first shirts I got when I started but haven't had any problems with the new shorts I ordered. But, I got a new hat and when I start to sweat it starts to itch. Pisses me off. So I still wear my old beat up stained hat.

The pants and shirts I have are made in the good ol USA. I'd like to see the factory where the new stuff is made. I bet it wouldn't be pretty.

Big Babooba

My theory: If you make the uniform as uncomfortable as possible, then the driver will work as fast as possible, so he/she can get home as soon as possible, and be able to change out of it as quick as possible.:sneaky2:

VTBrown

My theory: If you make the uniform as uncomfortable as possible, then the driver will work as fast as possible, so he/she can get home as soon as possible, and be able to change out of it as quick as possible.:sneaky2:

Nah...it just causes most of us to be out of uniform once we leave the center.

bugman74

I know it will sound a little overkill but I cut that white netting out of the inside of the hat and now it fits a bit better. It has a lower profile and does not look like the typical trucker style hat.

MR_Vengeance

United Parcel Survivor

wash them 10 times before wearing it.

old brown shoe

30 year driver
They want the new uniforms to last just as long as your career with the company and be just as comfortable as you are to work for them. I try to hold onto my old ones as long as possible, just like my job.