New UPS car with 360 camera

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
oie_overlay.gif

PT Car Washer

Most new cars have 360 cams.

4 cameras (one on each side) produce a 90° image where software stitches the 4 together. The above view is a simulation of the environment since the camera obviously isn't above the vehicle.
So the back up camera and the side mirror cameras and there is a front view camera combine to simulate an overhead view. Amazing. We often rent a vehicle for a road trip vacation and I am always amazed at the new technology in new cars. I wouldn't buy one but they are fun to drive. I'll just stick with my 2003 Ranger for a few more years.

JL 0513

So the back up camera and the side mirror cameras and there is a front view camera combine to simulate an overhead view. Amazing. We often rent a vehicle for a road trip vacation and I am always amazed at the new technology in new cars. I wouldn't buy one but they are fun to drive. I'll just stick with my 2003 Ranger for a few more years.
And most rentals are base models without all the nice features. 20 year old Ranger! Wow. Cars have changed more in the last 20 than they did the 30 years previous.

DOK

Most new cars have 360 cams.

4 cameras (one on each side) produce a 90° image where software stitches the 4 together. The above view is a simulation of the environment since the camera obviously isn't above the vehicle.
I drive older vehicles lol, that’s impressive.