Smile, You're On Camera

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
I posted something on the "Ask A Feeder" thread, but got no answer. I'm wondering if anyone else in feeders has had any luck with grievances regarding the driver-facing cameras in tractors. Where I'm at, we are being told that the International has told locals to "drop it", regarding grievances and fighting these cameras because UPS told the union that they are not cameras, but sensors.

It doesn't take a genius to see these are cameras. Here, guys are fed up and are being written up for blocking the camera, and one driver has already lost his job from what this "sensor" has recorded.

We're starting to wonder what kind of leader Sean O'Brien is, when his administration made such a big deal about the new language in the contract concerning driver-facing cameras, then simply letting UPS install these cameras right after the contract is ratified. What was the point of the new language if it is blatantly ignored by both UPS and the union?

Thebrownblob

I posted something on the "Ask A Feeder" thread, but got no answer. I'm wondering if anyone else in feeders has had any luck with grievances regarding the driver-facing cameras in tractors. Where I'm at, we are being told that the International has told locals to "drop it", regarding grievances and fighting these cameras because UPS told the union that they are not cameras, but sensors.

It doesn't take a genius to see these are cameras. Here, guys are fed up and are being written up for blocking the camera, and one driver has already lost his job from what this "sensor" has recorded.

We're starting to wonder what kind of leader Sean O'Brien is, when his administration made such a big deal about the new language in the contract concerning driver-facing cameras, then simply letting UPS install these cameras right after the contract is ratified. What was the point of the new language if it is blatantly ignored by both UPS and the union?
The language specifically states if it’s used as a sensor (which it is) they can be there. If someone was fired for something that happened do to lytx information it sounds like you have a weak local. because the contract clearly states they cannot discipline.

some1else

Banned
Can you imagine how this went at the bar with the ups negotiators?
“Man we really want the cameras but the union says their members don’t like being watched all day”
“Uh I got an idea what if we call it a sensor instead of a camera?”
“An camera is an optical sensor :censored2: those are the same thing”
“Let’s just try it”

Thebrownblob

1702988735237.png

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

Are you a dues paying member and not a freeloader ?

What's your Local # ?

Dracula

The language specifically states if it’s used as a sensor (which it is) they can be there. If someone was fired for something that happened do to lytx information it sounds like you have a weak local. because the contract clearly states they cannot discipline.

If you’ve been convinced by the company or the union that the camera is a sensor, I can’t help you. That sensor takes perfect video.

Thebrownblob

If you’ve been convinced by the company or the union that the camera is a sensor, I can’t help you. That sensor takes perfect video.
When did I say it wasn’t a camera? It is not activated although the device has the capability . If you’ve been convinced that there’s video of you that’s being used as discipline then I don’t know how I can help you.

Thebrownblob

Since 1984. Local 41.

Why? Are YOU a freeloader?
You’ve been here since 1984 and you can’t read contract language, and understand it? if that device is used as a sensor, it can be in the trucks. It’s pretty much as plain as day in the language. if they were to try and use it as a camera, they would be in heap big trouble. I don’t like the language, but it was there for everyone to read.

Dracula

When did I say it wasn’t a camera? It is not activated although the device has the capability . If you’ve been convinced that there’s video of you that’s being used as discipline then I don’t know how I can help you.
Uh, you just said it in your first response. You really believe the company, when it says they are turned off?

What else do you believe they say?

Thebrownblob

Uh, you just said it in your first response. You really believe the company, when it says they are turned off?

What else do you believe they say?
Listen, , I’ve been involved in every step of the process of discipline. Where are these videos at that you say they have of us? And how would they be used if they can’t be used in any step of the grievance procedure or hearings? Please tell me when you’ve seen these videos.

Dracula

You’ve been here since 1984 and you can’t read contract language, and understand it? if that device is used as a sensor, it can be in the trucks. It’s pretty much as plain as day in the language. if they were to try and use it as a camera, they would be in heap big trouble. I don’t like the language, but it was there for everyone to read.
Yes, I can read the contract. I also know from experience UPS routinely violates our contract. Maybe that's news to you.