Smile, You're On Camera

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I posted something on the "Ask A Feeder" thread, but got no answer. I'm wondering if anyone else in feeders has had any luck with grievances regarding the driver-facing cameras in tractors. Where I'm at, we are being told that the International has told locals to "drop it", regarding grievances and fighting these cameras because UPS told the union that they are not cameras, but sensors.

It doesn't take a genius to see these are cameras. Here, guys are fed up and are being written up for blocking the camera, and one driver has already lost his job from what this "sensor" has recorded.

We're starting to wonder what kind of leader Sean O'Brien is, when his administration made such a big deal about the new language in the contract concerning driver-facing cameras, then simply letting UPS install these cameras right after the contract is ratified. What was the point of the new language if it is blatantly ignored by both UPS and the union?
Remember one thing Sean knows who butters his bread

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
What matters? In Republican controlled RTW states the Union must still represent non dues paying employees.
If he’s a scab he can figure it out on his own
What's his name.... or what was the case number ?

I am assuming you have never held office ?

Getting your information from the Feeder News Network.... is not a reliable source.
easy now the FNN has never steered me wrong

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
I’m not sure about that, but I do know this new camera system has actually saved a couple drivers jobs in my center. It showed that they were indeed not at fault in an accident with the forward facing camera. The inward facing sensor has basically done nothing as far as discipline. We’ve had them for going on close to two years and at first they tried to push it. It was successfully pushback by myself and the local and they don’t even really talk about any of the infractions anymore.

If people are worried about this sensor being used as a way to target people doing things that the company can go and look at well they’re probably right, but we’ve been doing that for close to 20 years telematics already. if management isn’t physically watching you in person, there’s really not much that can happen. Unless you get some sort of tier 3 accident of course.
So if you get in a Tier 3 accident it can be used.

So which is it, it can be used or it can’t be used?

According to you, it just depends. I guess Article 6, Section 6 works, except when it doesn’t.

Good to know.

Thebrownblob

So if you get in a Tier 3 accident it can be used.

So which is it, it can be used or it can’t be used?

According to you, it just depends. I guess Article 6, Section 6 works, except when it doesn’t.

Good to know.
Never once said, the outward facing camera couldn’t be used. This was all discussion about the inward sensor that some are claiming is being used to record video of us.

some1else

Banned
Probably because actual lawyers said that it wasn’t a fight we could win. And the membership voted yes for the current language. These stupid things are industry standard now and most of them have a camera inside the cab. we at least have language saying they can’t any use information from it can’t be used to discipline solely based off it. Can management come out and follow you? Of course they can and will continue to do so probably forever because they’re sneaky little bitches.
They should have just negotiated to put cameras in all center manager and up offices. But the union promises not to turn the camera on or use the video if it’s on in any hearing.
Sound ridiculous? That’s what you are saying lol
The “sensor” will just say distracted Everytime they sip their Starbucks in a meeting

Thebrownblob

They should have just negotiated to put cameras in all center manager and up offices. But the union promises not to turn the camera on or use the video if it’s on in any hearing.
Sound ridiculous? That’s what you are saying lol
The “sensor” will just say distracted Everytime they sip their Starbucks in a meeting
I would be perfectly fine with that. Lol And the sensor doesn’t say distracted every single time you take a drink I drink all day and it doesn’t say anything sometimes it does but most the time it doesn’t. But remember, you keep telling me there’s a video of me that they’re secretly watching.

I also wish I could sneak around the corner and see what they’re doing and then open their door to their office and write them up when they’re not working enough. Sound silly? Of course it is but that’s your argument.

We can continue to Complain about the language in the contract, and I probably agree with you but unfortunately I have to deal with the actual language not what I wish would’ve happened.

some1else

Banned
I also wish I could sneak around the corner and see what they’re doing and then open their door to their office and write them up when they’re not working enough. Sound silly? Of course it is but that’s your argument.
My argument is if you put an advanced AI augmented camera into their office that can flag designated behaviors it would tell you which office to hide around the corner to catch them.
You admited to understanding this concept repeatedly then pretend you don’t when confronted on it.

Thebrownblob

My argument is if you put an advanced AI augmented camera into their office that can flag designated behaviors it would tell you which office to hide around the corner to catch them.
You admited to understanding this concept repeatedly then pretend you don’t when confronted on it.
Your argument is meaningless. We’ve had the cameras for two years. No one is fired because of them lol like I said before you give these people way too much credit they’re really not that smart, nor do they have the time to deal with it.

Manager:
Blob you are 1000% higher on infractions than the rest of the group. Can you please bring it down?

Blob: Will 900% be good enough?

some1else

Banned
Your argument is meaningless. We’ve had the cameras for two years. No one is fired because of them lol like I said before you give these people way too much credit they’re really not that smart, nor do they have the time to deal with it.

Manager:
Blob you are 1000% higher on infractions than the rest of the group. Can you please bring it down?

Blob: Will 900% be good enough?
How do you know no one has been fired based on cameras? You know management has not looked at the video you know exists, and decided to target a driver based on that and got enough to fire him? You need to refine your pilpul.

542thruNthru

giphy-55.gif

Thebrownblob

How do you know no one has been fired based on cameras? You know management has not looked at the video you know exists, and decided to target a driver based on that and got enough to fire him? You need to refine your pilpul.
The inward sensor with the deactivated camera? Yep they’re watching this video and keeping it all to themselves 😂 it’s managements a little secret.

Now, if you could kindly do me a favor and read the bold lettering, and tell me which part of the contract is being violated?
1703042398708.png

As you can see, it clearly says they can be used to trigger, distracted, driving alert. It also says they cannot be used for discipline.

I get it you’re mad there’s a sensor with an inoperable camera in your truck and doesn’t seem fair but this is what was voted on and this is what we’re stuck with. You better learn to deal with it.

And the management team is still going to have to to get off their butts and come follow you and they most likely will with full knowledge that you enjoy picking your nose. Be prepared.

some1else

Banned
The inward sensor with the deactivated camera? Yep they’re watching this video and keeping it all to themselves 😂 it’s managements a little secret.

Now, if you could kindly do me a favor and read the bold lettering, and tell me which part of the contract is being violated?
View attachment 459536
As you can see, it clearly says they can be used to trigger, distracted, driving alert. It also says they cannot be used for discipline.

I get it you’re mad there’s a sensor with an inoperable camera in your truck and doesn’t seem fair but this is what was voted on and this is what we’re stuck with. You better learn to deal with it.

And the management team is still going to have to to get off their butts and come follow you and they most likely will with full knowledge that you enjoy picking your nose. Be prepared.
Long winded way of saying you have no proof that no one has been fired due to having the camera installed in their truck. Just say I have no idea, but probably yes ups would activate the camera they promised they wouldn’t.

Thebrownblob

Long winded way of saying you have no proof that no one has been fired due to having the camera installed in their truck. Just say I have no idea, but probably yes ups would activate the camera they promised they wouldn’t.
I have every idea of where I am that no discipline has came from the inward facing sensor. Especially since it would’ve had to go through me. I can’t speak to every single place around the country because like I’ve said there’s a lot of weak locals out there who let things happen.

As to if there’s been any evidence of a camera activated on the inward sensor at any level of hearings, local level, state level, JAC, or national I can say with 100% positivity It has not been seen by anyone at any level.

Will UPS activate these cameras? I don’t know, but I hope they do because we would probably be on strike very shortly afterwards and we might actually get rid of the dumb things once and for all.