New UPS Loader.. I have a few questions..

nomar247

I just started loading for UPS.. it's probably the hardest job I've ever had, but I want to stick with it and move up the ladder to sort, pick off, and hopefully evenutally driver.

few questions...
I'm averaging 200 scans per hour in the load. Is that good, bad, or average for a new hire?

Also, how do I register for UPSERS.com? When I went to the site, theres no registration page for me to register.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I just started loading for UPS.. it's probably the hardest job I've ever had, but I want to stick with it and move up the ladder to sort, pick off, and hopefully evenutally driver.

few questions...
I'm averaging 200 scans per hour in the load. Is that good, bad, or average for a new hire?

Also, how do I register for UPSERS.com? When I went to the site, theres no registration page for me to register.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

When I loaded, it was usually 300-450/hr. However I worked very hard, much harder then than I would now. 300/hr is generally acceptable speed, a safe pace, in a normal operation and normal flow.

What week are you? For a company that stresses safety I would say 200 is expectable. Of course UPS is going to tell you they want 370 pieces an hour which is not a safe pace at all especially when they ask for it in 100 degree heat in the summer. You will learn very quickly that UPS does not care about your safety. They preach safety but try to hide injuries and abuse even their own management people. I heard that the full time sups get in trouble for getting injured lol. How crazy is that? That being said if you want to make book and get hired I would make sure you were in the 300-325 range. Best advice I can give you is stay in the union. Don't let them fool you into going into management. Right now in my building they are begging people to go into management. I could tell you some horror stories about some of the fulltimers in my building who were tricked and now work 14 hours a day with no overtime pay. Scary.

nomar247

UPDATE:

My probation period is almost over, it ends on December 27.

I've learned a lot. I've come a long way from when I started.
Still loading, although sometimes they take me to the Sort or Unload for an hour when they need help. 2 weeks ago, I got Air Certified.