New Video! 9.5 and 8 hour requests! How do they work now?

We got to hook you up with a nice shirt and a haircut
Screenshot_20230910-110756-499.png

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
@RoswellHub

I always appreciate your videos and the topics you cover for the members.

Usually I agree with Greg's assessment of most contractual situations, but I will disagree with one.

@5:30 he mentions "possibly" not being able to win a 9.5 grievance if everybody is over and there is

no help. I say file. It's the company's obligation to adequately staff the operations.

They have to prove it.

And just to remind everyone.... 8-hr days and 9.5 situations are not based on the companies

theoretical calculation of what the dispatch should be. It's hours worked....

-Bug-

RoswellHub

@RoswellHub

Usually I agree with Greg's assessment of most contractual situations, but I will disagree with one.

@5:30 he mentions "possibly" not being able to win a 9.5 grievance if everybody is over and there is

no help. I say file. It's the company's obligation to adequately staff the operations.

They have to prove it.

And just to remind everyone.... 8-hr days and 9.5 situations are not based on the companies

-Bug-
I agree with you. We should still file. I guess we should of mentioned that as well but hopefully in a future video. The problem we had with this video was the language for both 9.5 and 8 hour is so convoluted, that it makes it easy to miss things.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
@RoswellHub

They have to prove it.

-Bug-
Thanks for clarifying that@ Bug. It does not affect me obviously, but Im in touch with people who it still does. Back then...in my world, they always said, you were 2 hrs over. Its your own fault. Even though the guy who was in charge of looping the building went over my route with my manager and I, and said my whole loop is screwed up, and he was going to meet with the guy in charge of my area. I left before we ever got an answer. The guy rode with me several times, never had much to say. other than well they should not have added this split, or I needed to correct my Pick up times. They were all correct. The one he had a problem with he said I needed to go there later. I said they close at 330, he said well you need to see if they can leave it outside, or somewhere else. I said no you need to.

In the hood, yea sure, they are going to leave electronics outside. And was held to, and beat up over it for the remainder of my career. So glad Im out of there and now they pay me to not be there, lol. And it was a shame as I really liked my job.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Maybe you should have included a "Shout Out" to the entire Central Region who is NOT beholding to the Article 37 Master language in regard to 8 Hour Requests?

....where they only need give 24 hours notice, not three days for an 8 hour request.

....and absolutely can bring the truck back if the Company doesn't make the necessary adjustments.

....and can have more than two 8 hour requests per month.

....and where there is no penalty pay provisions for being worked more than 8.5 hours.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Maybe you should have included a "Shout Out" to the entire Central Region who is NOT beholding to the Article 37 Master language in regard to 8 Hour Requests?

....where they only need give 24 hours notice, not three days for an 8 hour request.

....and absolutely can bring the truck back if the Company doesn't make the necessary adjustments.

....and can have more than two 8 hour requests per month.

....and where there is no penalty pay provisions for being worked more than 8.5 hours.
No shout outs until you’re out of a pension improvement plan….

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
No shout outs until you’re out of a pension improvement plan….
I don't think that's it.

....but the problem with these "one size fits all" videos produced by self proclaimed YouTube internet experts is that there are now hundreds, if not thousands of Central Region Teamsters operating on false information.

Last edited: