New Video! 9.5 and 8 hour requests! How do they work now?

Thebrownblob

You kidding? In our local we have to submit the request FIVE days in advance.
Not kidding, really not familiar with any other way. It’s been that way since I’ve been a driver over 24 years. We have not always been able to bring the load back that happened a few years ago, but the national language of getting paid some sort of penalty makes no sense to me as eight hour days are all we have to make important events so the extra pay is meaningless in those instances in my opinion.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Not kidding, really not familiar with any other way. It’s been that way since I’ve been a driver over 24 years. We have not always been able to bring the load back that happened a few years ago, but the national language of getting paid some sort of penalty makes no sense to me as eight hour days are all we have to make important events so the extra pay is meaningless in those instances in my opinion.
Those in the Central Region have been able to bring the truck back since 1980 as a result of a "Letter of Interpretation".

I did it probably 5 times over my nearly 34 years, but never had to do it twice to the same Center Manager. 😉

Thebrownblob

Those in the Central Region have been able to bring the truck back since 1980 as a result of a "Letter of Interpretation".

I did it probably 5 times over my nearly 34 years, but never had to do it twice to the same Center Manager. 😉
Makes sense, never had to do it myself, but represented a gentleman who did, that they terminated/took him out of service., and I explained management they had a lot of liability as he did nothing wrong. They didn’t believe me but a couple days later they were begging me to call him to see if he would come back with back pay, it was a Friday when I called him and he said tell them I’m fishing. I’ll be back Monday and they can pay me for Friday as well. LOL and they did he never had another problem.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Can't be more days than the National agreement only less in the supplements.
Yep....
Screenshot_20231103_081806_Microsoft 365 (Office).jpg