New Video! Attention all LunchSkippers!

Superteeth2478

I always thought the best way to combat management production harrassment is for the union to really watch the runner-gunners. Perhaps ask when they are taking lunch and watch. Audit diad activity too.
Disagree with this. It's not the union's job to sell their brothers and sisters out to management. Similar idea applies when other hourlies ask me why I don't do anything about the attendance problem as a steward.

I'll listen to them bitch and moan about other people not coming in, but at the end of the day it's not my job to police whether or not other people are coming to work. I'll tell them that they are supposed to come in to work unless they have a legitimate reason to miss. But it is my job to represent them when they get disciplined for it, and try to reduce their discipline to the best of my ability.

Edd O'Rion

Again with the terrible math. If you take an hour lunch, UPS doesn’t pay you for an hour. If you don’t take a lunch, UPS DOES NOT dock you an hour’s pay like the bad old days.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
Again with the terrible math. If you take an hour lunch, UPS doesn’t pay you for an hour. If you don’t take a lunch, UPS DOES NOT dock you an hour’s pay like the bad old days.
Most everyone is taking about entering an hour lunch and working through it to help their numbers. So yes, the math is correct. Ups loves this.

Iamsomebody

Yes they do. For a while I was getting away with 10-30 min breaks until one day they sent a message telling us we had to take our full break and that it could no longer be added at the end of day. Apparently they were adjusting time cards and adding the rest of the hour break at the end of the day.

Hot Carl

Wish it did in my center. These young bucks live on meth and red bull.
It used to be a real problem, particularly among young guys and runner gunners punching for lunch and then driving back to the center. Management and the union worked together to crack down on it, emphasizing that that is technically falsify records.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
It used to be a real problem, particularly among young guys and runner gunners punching for lunch and then driving back to the center. Management and the union worked together to crack down on it, emphasizing that that is technically falsify records.
I suggested to management to let the runners start an hour early and take their lunch before work. Only problem is that then they can't work through lunch. Wont help the fairy tale numbers. These parasites feed off free labor.

Edd O'Rion

That earns you a warning letter in my center.
I think with Orion 3.0 you can’t enter a lunch during time you worked. Before the update, a lot of guys worked through their coded out lunch, which made us believe that the only reason management was forcing the lunch is to get that free hour out of as many drivers as possible.
Yes they do. For a while I was getting away with 10-30 min breaks until one day they sent a message telling us we had to take our full break and that it could no longer be added at the end of day. Apparently they were adjusting time cards and adding the rest of the hour break at the end of the day.
That’s still different. It sounds to me what they did was code lunch time after punch out time, and it blew somebody’s mind. You can always go to time card viewer to see how much break/lunch you coded out every day.

Iamsomebody

That’s still different. It sounds to me what they did was code lunch time after punch out time, and it blew somebody’s mind. You can always go to time card viewer to see how much break/lunch you coded out every day.
I do check it and have caught them adding break time on days where I didn't take an hour.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I guess the informal agreement they come up with here is.
You can break off for lunch but once you pass a place you can eat at time clock starts now.
If you want to go somewhere a little farther then it's on your dime
Pretty much this. We have a right by osha to take lunch at a place with facilities to clean up and use the restroom. So you cannot legally start break until you’ve at
Least reached a place with facilities.

I’ve been pulled into the office and threatens with my job more than once over this. Until they put a bathroom in the back of the truck there is nothing they can do.

Pretty much this. We have a right by osha to take lunch at a place with facilities to clean up and use the restroom. So you cannot legally start break until you’ve at
Least reached a place with facilities.

I’ve been pulled into the office and threatens with my job more than once over this. Until they put a bathroom in the back of the truck there is nothing they can do.
People abuse it that's the problem

specter208

I was taught if you have to drive more than a mile. You must clock out, pickup ur lunch and drive back to your area and finish lunch then.