New Video! Attention all Lunch Skippers! 2024 Edition!

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
Are they like Mudskippers?
1706447329563.jpeg

Brown Down

1 thing to add about forcing lunches is sometimes its the law as well. state, county, etc can have laws stating that if you work x hours you need x amount of break/lunch.
As always very very good advice from you both.

ManInBrown

I never understood lunch skippers in package. That hour was all I looked forward to every day. Used to meet a fellow driver at a spot in the middle. Shoot the 💩 for an hour. Good times.

Darmark7

Retired 2020. Not my Problem Anymore!
I loved lunch hour. I surfed the internet, got business on the phone done and even took naps. The one thing I refused to do was talk a word about work so I never liked when another driver would find my lunch break spots. Seems like drivers that hate UPS loves to talk “shop talk.” When a supervisor would ride with me and they would start talking about the job while we was on break I would say to them “I’m on break I don’t talk about work until I clock back in.” I had a few very quiet lunch hours with supervisors.

Thebrownblob

@3:40 Greg mentions "biting the bullet and take the warning letter" ???

You always protest every letter with a grievance. Period.

Or, it will come back to bite you in the ass later.... at your discharge hearing.
I agree, although many people do not file on warning letters, because it usually ends with a warning letter protest, and not being removed. it’s hard enough to get many to file on suspensions, and pending terminations. SMH

But making no mistake they are building a case on you, no matter who you are.

Pullman Brown

Question: if I’m taking my lunch, clocked out, and get shot/ assaulted, will I be covered for workman’s comp?

Some guys hate lunch because they want to get home earlier but some hate it because they are not getting paid. Is there not even the possibility of this being open for debate in future contract/supplemental discussions?

Question: if I’m taking my lunch, clocked out, and get shot/ assaulted, will I be covered for workman’s comp?

Some guys hate lunch because they want to get home earlier but some hate it because they are not getting paid. Is there not even the possibility of this being open for debate in future contract/supplemental discussions?
settle down rookie

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra

If it is important Sean will tell you it is. LOL