New Video! Attention all LunchSkippers!

Made brown

Thumbs up on the video and im also subbed to your channel. On a side note I think the correct way to eat a banana has been missed, lol jk.
Thanks for the info 👍🏻

Started on Paper

Your lunch starts when you get to your destination not when you break trace. It is illegal to be on break and move commercial goods. Generally you are allowed two miles to find a place to take your break.

30-Minute Driving Break​

Drivers must take a 30-minute break when they have driven for a period of 8 cumulative hours without at least a 30-minute interruption. The break may be satisfied by any non-driving period of 30 consecutive minutes (i.e., on-duty not driving, off-duty, sleeper berth, or any combination of these taken consecutively).

RoswellHub

Your lunch starts when you get to your destination not when you break trace. It is illegal to be on break and move commercial goods. Generally you are allowed two miles to find a place to take your break.

30-Minute Driving Break​

Drivers must take a 30-minute break when they have driven for a period of 8 cumulative hours without at least a 30-minute interruption. The break may be satisfied by any non-driving period of 30 consecutive minutes (i.e., on-duty not driving, off-duty, sleeper berth, or any combination of these taken consecutively).

Hmm is this under feeder? Which supplement are you under?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Be sure to falsify lunch in the diad. Working for free helps you get done.

I always thought the best way to combat management production harrassment is for the union to really watch the runner-gunners. Perhaps ask when they are taking lunch and watch. Audit diad activity too.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I always thought the best way to combat management production harrassment is for the union to really watch the runner-gunners. Perhaps ask when they are taking lunch and watch. Audit diad activity too.

Nope.

It's bad enough.... having Union safety committee members doing "observations" on other drivers.

Overpaid Union Thug

In my building we’ve always clocked out for lunch after shutting the engine off once we’ve arrived at our destination. Because if we’re driving we’re supposed to be paid for it. Different district managers and center managers have tried saying we can only break off to drive two miles, one mile, etc for lunch but it never sticks. And is a disaster for rural drivers. Yes, we shouldn’t be driving three miles past multiple suitable places to eat/rest either. But we should be getting paid for driving.

In my building we’ve always clocked out for lunch after shutting the engine off once we’ve arrived at our destination. Because if we’re driving we’re supposed to be paid for it. Different district managers and center managers have tried saying we can only break off to drive two miles, one mile, etc for lunch but it never sticks. And is a disaster for rural drivers. Yes, we shouldn’t be driving three miles past multiple suitable places to eat/rest either. But we should be getting paid for driving.
I guess the informal agreement they come up with here is.
You can break off for lunch but once you pass a place you can eat at time clock starts now.
If you want to go somewhere a little farther then it's on your dime

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Nope.

It's bad enough.... having Union safety committee members doing "observations" on other drivers.
Ok, then management wins. We are our own worst enemy.

By the way, no union member should be worried about another doing his or her job while they are on the clock.

quad decade guy

Aren't they(rural drivers) just screwed about a place to eat? And who gets to choose where they eat. So, if the only place to eat is a possum fajita restaurant....that's it?

My industrial route was a ways from town.....you just brought your lunch....although there was a roach coach around...

Seymour Packages

I have even heard that lunch is from your last scan to your first scan after lunch. So if you driver release on the 8th floor of an apt building at 12:30, take the elevator, drive to your lunch spot by 12:35, you have to eat and drive to your next stop and scan by 13:30. Screw that.

deeztier

"time is more valuable than money"... until you decided to work for UPS. take your breaks - especially the 22.4s, you're getting sent back out anyways.

Overpaid Union Thug

I guess the informal agreement they come up with here is.
You can break off for lunch but once you pass a place you can eat at time clock starts now.
If you want to go somewhere a little farther then it's on your dime
Various district managers or center managers have tried implementing maximum distances we can drive on the clock to take lunch. Anywhere from one to three miles. It never lasts. They can’t get away with it. Especially on routes like mine. The guys that drive miles by multiple places to eat are the ones that have to worry.

Zurion

Aren't they(rural drivers) just screwed about a place to eat? And who gets to choose where they eat. So, if the only place to eat is a possum fajita restaurant....that's it?

My industrial route was a ways from town.....you just brought your lunch....although there was a roach coach around...
I almost always bring my lunch because it's cheaper to do so, but especially this time of year I'll break trace to find a shady spot for lunch, no use turning the back of the truck into an oven to save a mile or two. Especially for an industrial route(which I cover often), where they may not be as much shade.