New Video! Contract FAQ

Returntosender

If you’re going to flaunt it,, you better be living, right. It’s bold, I like it.
Although he could’ve bought something better than a Civic, for Pete sakes.
Why them Honda’s last long. Get 12 years out of that car and 9.5 paid the car and every 4 year preventive maintenance costs. Seems like a deal to. The other 9-5 settlements can be banked and used to buy a small apartment

Thebrownblob

It's been it the Central Region language.... for like 40 years ?
Yep
1676138419764.png

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Please tell me the Union isn’t going to go for work week flexibility?

This isn't anything new.

In the Central Region.... we've had this this type of language for over 40 years.

ARTICLE 12—HOURS OF WORK Section 1

In the case of each full-time seniority employee the standard work- week shall be forty (40) hours per week, and the standard workday shall be eight (8) hours per day. Work shall be scheduled for five (5) consecutive days—Monday through Friday or Tuesday through Saturday. An employee may be required to work in excess of an eight (8) hour day or a forty (40) hour week and in that event, he/ she shall be compensated at the rate of time and one-half (1 1/2) his/her regular straight-time rate for all hours worked in excess of eight (8) hours in a day or forty (40) hours in a week.

In order for the Employer, the Union and employees to further benefit from expanding service offerings to our customers, it may become necessary to create schedules that differ from those that exist today. Future full-time schedules may be expanded to include Sunday through Thursday. Should that happen, current full-time employees will be afforded the opportunity to select their preferred schedule in seniority order.

Pullman Brown

This isn't anything new.

In the Central Region.... we've had this this type of language for over 40 years.

ARTICLE 12—HOURS OF WORK Section 1

In the case of each full-time seniority employee the standard work- week shall be forty (40) hours per week, and the standard workday shall be eight (8) hours per day. Work shall be scheduled for five (5) consecutive days—Monday through Friday or Tuesday through Saturday. An employee may be required to work in excess of an eight (8) hour day or a forty (40) hour week and in that event, he/ she shall be compensated at the rate of time and one-half (1 1/2) his/her regular straight-time rate for all hours worked in excess of eight (8) hours in a day or forty (40) hours in a week.

In order for the Employer, the Union and employees to further benefit from expanding service offerings to our customers, it may become necessary to create schedules that differ from those that exist today. Future full-time schedules may be expanded to include Sunday through Thursday. Should that happen, current full-time employees will be afforded the opportunity to select their preferred schedule in seniority order.

Yeah I know all that. You must of missed my previous comment. When I read the comment from the article that you posted about the company wanting more schedule flexibility, I understood them to be talking about removing the non-consecutive days work week language that you quoted. That’s why I asked you the question.

What'dyabringmetoday???

Pennsylvania- well it did. Used to run into a feeder driver that had a 4/10 run. Mon,Tues,Thurs,Fri. Crap schedule but he loved having a day in middle of the week to do "errands". As I said- doesn't happen much. Heck- that might have been the only one in the country. Sorry. (I'm pretty sure you won't believe me).