New Video! Contract Update! Tick Tock

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
How so? It would be no different than not coming to work for a week.
So, if a Union member doesn't come to work for a week, they have no Health Care for that week? Please tell me that's not what you mean.
My comment is that if the guy can't go on strike, don't severely jeopardize him and his family. That's eff'd up.

Thebrownblob

So, if a Union member doesn't come to work for a week, they have no Health Care for that week? Please tell me that's not what you mean.
My comment is that if the guy can't go on strike, don't severely jeopardize him and his family. That's eff'd up.
Yes, if you don’t come to work for the week your benefits are not paid for the week.

12 AM, August 1 if we do not have a contract in place the company would no longer be paying benefits. TeamCare has agreed to continue coverage for union striking members. They have enough in reserves to pay several years of coverage for every member.

Anyone who crosses the line is not covered no different than anyone who would quit working today. It’s not complicated and it’s a choice that those crossing the line would make on their own. No one is jeopardizing their family except them.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
Yes, if you don’t come to work for the week your benefits are not paid for the week.

12 AM, August 1 if we do not have a contract in place the company would no longer be paying benefits. TeamCare has agreed to continue coverage for union striking members. They have enough in reserves to pay several years of coverage for every member.

Anyone who crosses the line is not covered no different than anyone who would quit working today. It’s not complicated and it’s a choice that those crossing the line would make on their own. No one is jeopardizing their family except them.
Well, thanks for the education. I don't usually watch this Roswell stuff because I don't feel it is objective and completely honest. I understand more now, so I edited my comment on gumba's post. Thanks.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
It's a union job. You don't cross a picket line.
Sorry, Fought for freedom....I can't think in the terms you can.
I have been around union members that tell me they hate the way their fellow members act. I say "Then man up and say something". They say "I can't". I have no respect for someone that follows because they think they have no other choice.

Thebrownblob

Sorry, Fought for freedom....I can't think in the terms you can.
Thank you for your service. When you sign up to work at a union company you enjoy the benefits that collective-bargaining gets so you should understand that every few years this is a possibility. For over 30 years I have put $25-$30 a week in a savings account for every contract at the very beginning. Usually that’s about five or $6000. If I don’t use it, I pay off a bill or we go on vacation and I start a new one at the beginning of the next contract. Unlike 1997 people will receive money from the strike fund. The strike fund was never meant to pay all your bills.

It’s the responsibility of a member, to put some money aside to help cover the cost of a potential strike.

Last edited:
Thank you for your service. When you sign up to work at a union company you enjoy the benefits that collective-bargaining gets so you should understand that every few years this is a possibility. For over 30 years I have put $25-$30 a week in a savings account for every contract at the very beginning. Usually that’s about five or $6000. If I don’t use it, I pay off a bill or we go on vacation and I start a new one at the beginning of the next contract. Unlike 1997 people will receive money from the strike fund. The strike fund was never meant to pay all your bills.

It’s the responsibility of a remember, to put some money aside to help cover the cost of a potential strike.
I bought one year T-bills last July, August and September.

Thebrownblob

And you don't pay Union members McDonald wages or less.
I was unaware McDonald’s workers receive guaranteed yearly raises, guaranteed holidays and vacations, guaranteed full coverage health care for them and their family, the opportunity to move up to a six-figure career, and a pension. The nonsense you spew trying to compare The two jobs is ridiculous. It could always be better Last contract they received almost 5 dollars an hour extra this contract will probably be the same.