New Video! Dishonesty = Discharge

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
@What'dyabringmetoday???

Please interview Big UPS Man. That would be amazing content. Lol.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I sure wish there could be an article in the NMA to combat dishonesty by management. I know the company can run their business how they see fit, but it sure does seem to cause a lot more conflict than necessary. @BigUnionGuy , thoughts on this?

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
A real simple solution for unjust termination hearings: 🦘🦘🦘🐑 🐍🐍🐍

“Duct Tape”.. apply anytime you go into a unknown hearing.. cover mouth of the involved employee and let the business agent or steward answer any fishing questions relating to the perceived offense. Make them work for it, do not open your mouth or lose your temper and give them more reasons for termination not even relating to the first offense. 🤬

If needed have a pen and pad ready for communication only between the union official and the employee in question which would become evidence in possession of the Union only...📝

Article i... other serious..and dishonesty are so vague and would be called a “catch 22” or catch all to quiet an employee at best , unfortunately a lot of good members have been terminated on stupid stuff. The real issue would be the back room dealings between the company and the union panel members that trades one termination against another. The one who gets sold down the river is the one who is perceived to have no means to fight beyond the hearings interpretation of the discharge. 🐑

I am only talking about stupid disciplinary terminations... if you are subject to any criminal behavior like stealing merchandise or assault..you are a goner, cry as you may...😭

ManInBrown

Working while clocked out for lunch will be the new tactic used to fire “problem drivers.”
Can someone please explain to me how a package driver works, while being on meal? When I was in package the diad locked you out once you started your meal. You couldn’t get off the Lock Screen until meal ended.

Overpaid Union Thug

Can someone please explain to me how a package driver works, while being on meal? When I was in package the diad locked you out once you started your meal. You couldn’t get off the Lock Screen until meal ended.
They don’t lock in most buildings outside of California. So, dumbasses can deliver during those times. It’s easy to see who does that though. And it doesn’t take a sly supervisor to document that to potentially use against the driver later as evidence of continuous dishonesty.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I sure wish there could be an article in the NMA to combat dishonesty by management. I know the company can run their business how they see fit, but it sure does seem to cause a lot more conflict than necessary. @BigUnionGuy , thoughts on this?

Unfortunately, the Union can't discipline the company.

But.... you can grieve it and those management eventually disappear.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
“Duct Tape”.. apply anytime you go into a unknown hearing.. cover mouth of the involved employee and let the business agent or steward answer any fishing questions relating to the perceived offense. Make them work for it, do not open your mouth or lose your temper and give them more reasons for termination not even relating to the first offense. 🤬

You can't refuse to answer questions.

You can.... step outside the office and caucus with your Union rep, as many times as necessary. ;)

If needed have a pen and pad ready for communication only between the union official and the employee in question which would become evidence in possession of the Union only...📝

Verbal communication works.

Just step away from anyone else within earshot. And stay out of their offices when you do.

Also ask (while in the room) if anyone is attempting to record the proceedings.

Article i... other serious..and dishonesty are so vague and would be called a “catch 22” or catch all to quiet an employee at best , unfortunately a lot of good members have been terminated on stupid stuff.

I'm assuming you mean Article 17-i of the Central Region supplement.

(i) other cardinal offenses, the Company and the Union agree that there are offenses where an employee may be suspended in lieu of discharge. Discharge under this subsection should only be used in situations where the employee’s actions are so egregious that he/ she needs to be removed from the workplace immediately to protect employees, customers, and/or the Company. When an employee is removed from service, the Union will be notified by the District Labor Manager or his/her Labor designee.

The language has been more appropriately defined in the last couple of contacts.

It was abused for years.

The real issue would be the back room dealings between the company and the union panel members that trades one termination against another.

As many times that I have seen people post this accusation, it's always been just that. An accusation.

No one in Labor has ever approached me with any kind of offer like that.

Maybe.... it's just me.

-Bug-

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
They don’t lock in most buildings outside of California. So, dumbasses can deliver during those times. It’s easy to see who does that though. And it doesn’t take a sly supervisor to document that to potentially use against the driver later as evidence of continuous dishonesty.
It’s dumb but plenty of guys prerecord and deliver even with the board locked. The “deliver” after clocking back in off of lunch.

Last edited:

ManInBrown

It’s dumb but plenty of guys prerecord and deliver even with the board locked. The “deliver” after clocking out
If I remember correctly doesn’t the diad make that alarm noise if you aren’t at the package scan location? That definitely sets off some bells and ends up on a report. You have to answer a question, are you at the delivery location, don’t you? That’s blatant dishonesty.

Overpaid Union Thug

It’s dumb but plenty of guys prerecord and deliver even with the board locked. The“deliver” after clocking out
Such losers.
If I remember correctly doesn’t the diad make that alarm noise if you aren’t at the package scan location? That definitely sets off some bells and ends up on a report. You have to answer a question, are you at the delivery location, don’t you? That’s blatant dishonesty.
All that is likely being tracked and ends up in their records.

Brownslave688

I’m not sure if it sets it off if you prerecord first.

542thruNthru

I’m not sure if it sets it off if you prerecord first.
It does you just don't get the sound. You still get the red bullseye at the bottom saying you're not at the right place.

Either way they can see where you scanned the package, where you stop completed it and where you normally stop complete it.

Brownslave688

It does you just don't get the sound. You still get the red bullseye at the bottom saying you're not at the right place.

Either way they can see where you scanned the package, where you stop completed it and where you normally stop complete it.
You don’t answer the question do you? I don’t ever prerecord so really not sure.

I’m just pointing out there’s ways for people to work off the clock if they really want to.

542thruNthru

You don’t answer the question do you? I don’t ever prerecord so really not sure.

I’m just pointing out there’s ways for people to work off the clock if they really want to.
No I don't believe you answer the questions at the end.

People will work off the clock as long as this company is around. I'll never understand it.

What'dyabringmetoday???

@What'dyabringmetoday???

Please interview Big UPS Man. That would be amazing content. Lol.

Yes- thank you for all of the amazing things that you do.