New Video! We take on the onslaught of 9.5 violations!

RoswellHub

Bobby joins us in the battle against overtime! 9.5 is not ending, but we can at least help arm yourself with the information you need!

AKCoverMan

Thanks for this. Is the company settling most of your 9.5s in your building or are they trying to nitpick every drivers day looking for some reason to get out of it?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Bobby joins us in the battle against overtime! 9.5 is not ending, but we can at least help arm yourself with the information you need!

I appreciate you taking the time, to inform the members with your videos.

(plus that ad revenue from YouTube doesn't hurt)

;)

Maybe just to clarify @ around the 10:30 to 11:00 mark;

If the grievance is deadlocked at the Local, State, or Regional level.... only then, would it be referred to the 9.5 committee.

(Arbitrators can only rule on contract language. Not define performance standards)

The grievant, Steward, or BA, can't "request" it. If you are paid at any step of the procedure, that negates it.

Locally,

We don't discuss details.

Either you are over 9.5 or you are not. Period. End of story....

-Bug-

*As an aside, I've seen Bobby's videos. I thought they were funny stuff. Made me laugh.*

RoswellHub

I appreciate you taking the time, to inform the members with your videos.

(plus that ad revenue from YouTube doesn't hurt)

;)

Maybe just to clarify @ around the 10:30 to 11:00 mark;

If the grievance is deadlocked at the Local, State, or Regional level.... only then, would it be referred to the 9.5 committee.

(Arbitrators can only rule on contract language. Not define performance standards)

The grievant, Steward, or BA, can't "request" it. If you are paid at any step of the procedure, that negates it.

Locally,

We don't discuss details.

Either you are over 9.5 or you are not. Period. End of story....

-Bug-

*As an aside, I've seen Bobby's videos. I thought they were funny stuff. Made me laugh.*
Thank you! haha actually I don't get any ad revenue. I think you have to be a big time YouTuber in order to see that...

Yeah the 9.5 committee stuff I am not that familiar on. I may have to go back and do another video detailing it a bit more. After re-reading article 37 I see how complex it gets. Have you had any luck on your end getting these meetings together for the excessive 9.5s?

RoswellHub

I'm not sure what you mean ?

Does your Local have problems scheduling grievance hearings with the company ?
We actually schedule grievance hearings once a week with my center manager. Its pretty rad, kind of got lucky with that one. The 9.5 meeting I was referring to was the one that is outlined in article 37 when a member goes over 4 times in a year. I have only seen this meeting one time in my career.

RoswellHub

Company will never let it happen because of so many members that are to chicken to actually file. They get away with it constantly I'm sure.
I agree with all of you guys on the automatic pay and 3rd pay rate. I will say this though. The ammount of people filing right now is higher than it ever has been in our center. I think some people have hit their wall.

542thruNthru

I agree with all of you guys on the automatic pay and 3rd pay rate. I will say this though. The ammount of people filing right now is higher than it ever has been in our center. I think some people have hit their wall.
That was us last year. Its not as bad here now. I heard SoCal District paid out 3.3 million in 9.5 grievances last year.

Overpaid Union Thug

Our dispatches have been fair (for the most part) for a few years now. Even during COVID. We do have a few on the 9.5 list (and filing) but lately the battle has been over extra work.

Our problem is the @$$holes signing up for the work and working preload, then going home as extra drivers and screwing people that actually want the extra work out of it. It’s dismissed as a seniority issue since there’s no language protecting extra work from being used in that manner. I prefer extra stops over working preload but there’s more money to be made on preload so I get why so many drivers prefer it.

Last edited:

Whither

Scofflaw
The 9.5 meeting I was referring to was the one that is outlined in article 37 when a member goes over 4 times in a year. I have only seen this meeting one time in my career.
I'm curious to see how this plays out too, and since on Monday I'll file my third 9.5 grieve in as many weeks I won't be surprised if next week offers grounds for my 4th. I requested the same meeting last year on my 6th grieve of the year. I was disappointed to learn that my BA didn't address it at locals because he was worried about 'rocking the boat', e.g., the labor manager would be annoyed and begin refusing to pay out 9.5 on grounds that Covid constituted an emergency/act of God and the grieves would get deadlocked, as apparently happened in other districts. I let it slide, and they stopped violating in my case, but this year I will not. However, since the book doesn't specify any penalty, let alone means of enforcement, if the company continues to violate after holding this meeting, it seems toothless ... just a minor inconvenience for the labor manager, right?

If you haven't read this 9.5 thread from earlier today, in post #26 @JustDeliverIt made a compelling suggestion of one way to ensure the company complies. Winning it would surely take a well-executed nationwide strike.