New West Region Manager

j13501

Can someone tell me what happened to the previous West Region Manager? I checked previous editions of UPS news on UPSers.com and saw no mention of a change, other than the transfer of the East Region Manager to the West Region. Did the West Region have a horrible peak season and he got demoted? Any feedback appreciated.

j13501

KC left is news to me. I think KC moved up to VP US small package operations.
If by KC, you mean Ken C, you're correct. He's now the V.P. for US operations transformation. Some of this confusion comes from all the titles we now have at UPS. District managers became Vice Presidents, Region managers became Presidents.

Then we had the big change ten years ago, when we cut to about 20 districts from 46. (I think we have 16 districts now.) When these districts became much larger, someone decided to call the district managers, "Presidents". Then some district manager gets a lateral transfer to corporate, and they're back to being Vice Presidents.
What I was asking about was the previous West Region President. Charlene T was a West Region manager and got promoted to the management committee. Some guy took her place for about a year. Now he's gone. Just curious what happened? I did see on UPSers.com that the East Region President was transferred to the West Region and a woman district manager was promoted to be the new East Region Manager/President.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
For those in the know: Which corporate position is above the other, and just exactly what they do on a daily basis?

My guess is: President
Vice-President
Regional Manager
District Manager

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
For those in the know: Which corporate position is above the other, and just exactly what they do on a daily basis?

Vice-President
Regional Manager
District Manager

E03F74D7-5B2D-4F18-9B88-1441314E6D67.gif

Not sure who’s what on your list but here’s what they do

browndevil

Vice-President
Regional Manager
District Manager
There's an Operations Manager in there too. I think between Region and Dist

j13501

Just found the answer on UPSers.com. Kevin Church, the previous West Region President/Manager, announced his retirement this past week. Not sure what he was doing after his was replaced (maybe taking his vacation), but at least my question was answered. Thanks to all...

Superteeth2478

So how many district operations managers are there anyways? These titles are confusing and it's hard to tell if you should really take pride in the level of feathers that you've managed to ruffle when you don't know how high up those particular feathers are.

542thruNthru

So how many district operations managers are there anyways? These titles are confusing and it's hard to tell if you should really take pride in the level of feathers that you've managed to ruffle when you don't know how high up those particular feathers are.

Let's put it this way. Anyone that knows your name is very low.

I've been sent by my center manager to my division managers office many times so he could try and bitch me out or intimidate me. Neither one really means anything to UPS.

Superteeth2478

Let's put it this way. Anyone that knows your name is very low.

I've been sent by my center manager to my division managers office many times so he could try and bitch me out or intimidate me. Neither one really means anything to UPS.
I know at the least that division managers are small fry...but this "district operations manager" seems to have it out for me. Really bad. Whatever level she is I would think she has better problems to worry about than me.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Can someone tell me what happened to the previous West Region Manager? I checked previous editions of UPS news on UPSers.com and saw no mention of a change, other than the transfer of the East Region Manager to the West Region. Did the West Region have a horrible peak season and he got demoted? Any feedback appreciated.

Seriously does it matter...I expect the new CEO will be doing some major cutting of Corporate Layering soon enough. :drinkntypesmili1:

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Just found the answer on UPSers.com. Kevin Church, the previous West Region President/Manager, announced his retirement this past week. Not sure what he was doing after his was replaced (maybe taking his vacation), but at least my question was answered. Thanks to all...
I knew him when he was a lowly on car Supe.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
And these guys especially don’t care. Do you want to know why? Because they have enough stress and problems dealing with people who ACTUALLY work for them. Why would they care about people at a UPS store who don’t work for UPS?

ManInBrown

I know at the least that division managers are small fry...but this "district operations manager" seems to have it out for me. Really bad. Whatever level she is I would think she has better problems to worry about than me.
How’s she look? Maybe she wants to grab dinner, and you’re playing hard to get.