New Year New FedEx

fedupforsure

yes we topped out much sooner( I topped out in 18 months) and then we sat at that rated for 8 years without a raise. My point is it has taken me 30.5 years to reach the hourly wage I am making now.

hypo hanna

yes we topped out much sooner( I topped out in 18 months) and then we sat at that rated for 8 years without a raise. My point is it has taken me 30.5 years to reach the hourly wage I am making now.
Which when factoring in the cost of living, is about 18% to 25% less then when you started.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Which when factoring in the cost of living, is about 18% to 25% less then when you started.

Try more like 35%. I topped-out in 2 years when I started back in the dinosaur days. Factoring-in loss of profit sharing, inflation, our outrageous insurance costs, loss of the Traditional Pension Plan, reduced hours, and the glacially slow and very small wage hikes, and we have gone way backwards. If you recall, one of the big reasons for the union push back in 1996-1997 was the fact that there had been no raises at all for several years.

fredup

All the newbies on here can disagree and thumbs down all you want to against senior employees, but we have seen the good and bad. You guys have seen only the bad. People with one year less seniority are making 2 dollars less than I do, as I was the last top off at my station before the salary changes. That's just wrong. Blame the idiots in Memphis, not someone who has been busting their ass doing this job while you were still in high school.

Goldilocks

I was hired in 1985, now making about 14 dollars / hour more!! Fedex has lied to us in many ways.