New year...new UPS

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
So what can they use as an excuse for a production ride?

They don't need an excuse.

The company can ride with any driver, any time, for anything....

Or, for nothing at all.

I just want to know if they can do that on the basis on nothing.

It's not a contract violation, if they do.

The company has a right to "monitor and inspect" an employees work.

If you feel the ride(s) were excessive.... Article 37 applies.

The equivalent would be, saying a preload supe can't watch a preloader

load pkg cars ?

-Bug-

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I’m just asking for general knowledge. I haven’t been spoken too about a ride. But the buzz around our center is they are giving everybody rides and I just want to know if they can do that on the basis on nothing.
I don’t know why drivers get all freaky when they come out to ride... even on a yearly safety ride... it’s absolutely ridiculous. If they ride with you 3 days, so what... make them document every time a package is missing, that there is a delay at a customers, any traffic delays like a train, etc, etc... then ask for a copy of it...very simple. There are two things I have learned here over the years... #1, you have to know when to keep your mouth shut and when to stick up for yourself, sometimes there is a fine line between the two. #2, you can’t worry about what mgt does or thinks because I’ve seen guys get all worked up over something and then in the end nothing happens...all this does is makes you a walking paranoid crackhead and that’s not good for your physical or mental health... we have enough of those stressed out people running around like @IVE GOTTA PACKAGE 4U....if they ride with you another 3 days then I would file a grievance and I would throw back in their face about the load quality, bs trace, over 70’s on the top shelf, ripped up packages, etc, etc.... this company has been around 110 years, these loads by now should be PERFECT.... they have had a century to get it right!!

Coldworld

60 months and counting
They don't need an excuse.

The company can ride with any driver, any time, for anything....

Or, for nothing at all.

It's not a contract violation, if they do.

The company has a right to "monitor and inspect" an employees work.

If you feel the ride(s) were excessive.... Article 37 applies.

load pkg cars ?

-Bug-
Yep, I’ve had sups come out just to get the hell out of the office and away from a :censored2: DM....and they just sit there all day on their phone putting out fires....but I have gotten a few free lunches out of the deal

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I’m just asking for general knowledge. I haven’t been spoken too about a ride. But the buzz around our center is they are giving everybody rides and I just want to know if they can do that on the basis on nothing.
A nobody sup is riling up the troops????

Faceplanted

The union: spohr doesn’t matter, we don’t recognize it

The union also: a driver got fired because his spohr fluctuated too much when having ojs rides

YIKES

Teamaters stay weak. If he wasn’t observed “stealing time” I don’t see how this stuck..... oh wait, maybe I do. Because said offender was a vote no guy.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic

load pkg cars ?

-Bug-
It feels like it when your sup is nonexistant from 4-9 and only ever watches you when your assignment is not wrapped on time.

Again here, a second OJS they usually need a solid reason to back up their supervision, only the first one in a year is really 'free' as far as we are concerned with art.37

Last edited:

Savvy412

Just finished my 3 day ride...sucks that tomorrow I have my saftey ride! lol..they said they cant kill 2 birds with 1 stone . Cant :censored2: wait to be done with this :censored2:. And no way I can achieve the numbers they "fixed" for me to do.

Last edited by a moderator:

542thruNthru

Just finished my 3 day ride...sucks that tomorrow I have my saftey ride! lol..they said they cant kill 2 birds with 1 stone . Cant :censored2: wait to be done with this :censored2:. And no way I can achieve the numbers they "fixed" for me to do.

That's BS and absolutely harassment. Management can do what they like to call a blended ride. S&V/production ride.

All they are really doing is a 4 day ride on you.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
There are two things I have learned here over the years... #1, you have to know when to keep your mouth shut and when to stick up for yourself, sometimes there is a fine line between the two.

More often than not, rides with drivers.... are like an investigatory tool.

By the end of the day, your supe knows;

1) What kind of car you drive.

2) If you own a house or rent an apartment.

3) The status of your personal relationships.

4) What your hobbies and or interests are.

5) Etc....

See where I'm going with this ?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
The union: spohr doesn’t matter, we don’t recognize it

The union also: a driver got fired because his spohr fluctuated too much when having ojs rides

YIKES If he wasn’t observed “stealing time” I don’t see how this stuck..... oh wait, maybe I do. Because said offender was a vote no guy.

Maybe, you know more about the case than I do ?

Teamaters stay weak.

I'm not a farmer.... but, what is a Teamater ?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
More often than not, rides with drivers.... are like an investigatory tool.

By the end of the day, your supe knows;

1) What kind of car you drive.

2) If you own a house or rent an apartment.

3) The status of your personal relationships.

4) What your hobbies and or interests are.

5) Etc....

See where I'm going with this ?

Some don’t fall into that trap

Had to tell more than one

Let’s keep this professional

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Some don’t fall into that trap

Had to tell more than one

Let’s keep this professional
Or it turns out being a gripe session by mgt on how they should have never went into mgt or how pissed off and distraught they are for being on their 3rd marriage....whatever.... just keep on shagging those pkgs to the door and I’ll keep listening to your bs sad alone alcoholic life...

DowntownTillman

Disco gypsy
We had a supervisor doing a ride along and with a misload on board, instead of running it they took it back to the hub and made another driver go out and deliver it. That was a time to lead by example but over time I've learned that it's darn near impossible to change anything.

If/when I find myself in that position I will NOT be like them. I see some changes I think would benefit the lower ones and make the job easier for all. We'll see one day.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I get one annual safety ride per year.
They usually do mine on a nice spring day when they just want to get the hell out of the office.
We knock out the acronyms and all the DOK crap on the way to my first stop. After that they are handing out dog biscuits, talking about sports and enjoying the view.
Its been many years since production or methods violations have even been discussed with me.
Since the 25 year old guy with the clipboard wasn't even born when I started doing this job, there’s really not going to be much for him to say.