new years eve

gator

I know we all need to get through christmas first but on the ups calendar at work new years eve and new years day are both ups holidays. my early am boss says we are off both days but according to the ups website monday ups will be delivering air and international packages like on the day after thanksgiving. anybody know what the real deal is? also happy holidays to all!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Both New Years Eve and Day are paid holidays but, as you said, there will be delivery of premium products on New Years Eve, as there was the day after Thanksgiving. In our center, this work is first offered on a volunteer basis and then, if not enough drivers volunteer, they fill in the openings from the bottom of the seniority list up. We are paid straight time for working that day in addition to the holiday pay. I normally work as it is easy money, usually 4-5 hours.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
It is exactly like the day after Thanksgiving

Volunteer list goes up, then filled out by low seniority drivers

I MYSELF WILL BE ENJOYING THE 4 DAY WEEKEND

GOOD LUCK

browniehound

in our building volunteers get straight time , if forced time and a half.

Stop,
You might want to re-check that. Prior to the '02 contract it was an you described, but has since changed. I work in the Boston area (Local 25) and you get time and a half regardless if you volunteer or are forced.

outamyway

Here the part timers who work the holidays get straight time then holiday pay on top of that. So it's just like getting double time. Not sure what the full timers get but I think it is time and a half plus the holiday pay.

Dirty Savage

Paranoid Android
I remember reading somewhere that on New Year's Eve you lucky people down in the U.S. only have to deliver one and two-day air or something like that. Must be nice. Here in my part of Canada we deliver EVERYTHING on New Year's Eve. Or try to, anyways.

L

lurker

Really, you guys only get time and a half. Here in Wisconsin we get double time plus our 8 hour paid holiday. We received that for the day after Thanksgiving also.

browndude

its the same as the friday after thanksgiving. double time for all time worked plus 8 hours holiday so it is like you are making triple pay.