Christmas Eve flip/flop?

comtnbrown

Ok, so yes I looked up info on UPS website, it says ground services available Christmas Eve. Our management team keeps telling us it's a 3 day weekend, we won't be working Christmas Eve. So what are other centers hearing? Been here 20yrs. and have always worked the eve....

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
Ok, so yes I looked up info on UPS website, it says ground services available Christmas Eve. Our management team keeps telling us it's a 3 day weekend, we won't be working Christmas Eve. So what are other centers hearing? Been here 20yrs. and have always worked the eve....
center manager told us last week "if the network is on time, no ground that Saturday". We will see.

Up In Smoke

It's the first time since 2011 that we've seen this calendar and prior to Saturday ground deliveries. We are being told it's a normal work schedule for everyone with a possible 6th punch for the M-friend schedule employees. Our language does allow for a forced 6th punch when this calendar is in affect, but we are being told they will use as a last resort.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Wouldn’t be a big deal if UPS wasn’t shady as hell. Anyone who’s worked here long enough can envision this company advancing Monday work to avoid a backlog the following two weeks.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
Or maybe not deliver ground on Saturday to avoid paying all that overtime
But Monday is observance of a holiday so it would be overtime anyways wouldn’t it? It would be considered a working holiday so it would be treated like Black Friday. I would assume anyways.

But Monday is observance of a holiday so it would be overtime anyways wouldn’t it? It would be considered a working holiday so it would be treated like Black Friday. I would assume anyways.
It would be a regular day for the 22.4 drivers but it would be overtime for all the RPCD drivers on Saturday.
So why pay extra when I send delivered on Tuesday ?

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
It would be a regular day for the 22.4 drivers but it would be overtime for all the RPCD drivers on Saturday.
So why pay extra when I send delivered on Tuesday ?
I was referencing the “envision the company pushing work on Monday to stop a potential backlog for 2 weeks” quote.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
You’ll be working Christmas eve

Company has given up that this is a customer driven company and could care less anyways
Yes I've seen many air trailers just sitting there because they didn't want to spend extra money in resources on getting stuff delivered on time

I'm sure they use some BS Code..

Many articles have been written about this about how the shipping companies are ripping off the customers

Pullman Brown

If you don’t roll trailers and keep up, Christmas eve will be mostly air and some ground that made the cutoff date. Like everything else with this company, people’s experience will be different around the country.