new years eve

bumped

I used to always bid New Years for vacation. The last few years I worked it. Very easy. Even easier now that EAMs are the only time commits.

The last 2 years it was on a Saturday and Sunday. I've gotten used to not working it, so I said no this year.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Easy money and should only be a 5-6 hour day according to management. I have a reservation at a local Marriott in a “hip” area that’s going to have random stuff going on. Being Platinum status, I should get a suite upgrade and free breakfast the next morning for the wife and I.

I think the kids will drive over and hang out a bit for the midnight festivities.

Maplewood

it is double time
Out west we only get time & 1/2, + 8hrs holiday pay. Its usually 3 hours of actual work, then 5 hours parked waiting to pickup those 5pm letter boxes and UPS Store. I usually will go to a bar and watch college football for a few hours til there's something to do.

Delivery!!!

What if you volunteer, the contract says you get double time for all hours worked if required to work. Here they want volunteers and could see them not paying the double time with all the cost cutting going on.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
What if you volunteer, the contract says you get double time for all hours worked if required to work. Here they want volunteers and could see them not paying the double time with all the cost cutting going on.
Either way it's double time if you are covered under the central supplement.

Faceplanted

Easy money and should only be a 5-6 hour day according to management. I have a reservation at a local Marriott in a “hip” area that’s going to have random stuff going on. Being Platinum status, I should get a suite upgrade and free breakfast the next morning for the wife and I.

I think the kids will drive over and hang out a bit for the midnight festivities.
So this is how boomers “ball out” on New Years. I’ll be doing assorted stimulants and drinking Tito’s at a proper party. Enjoy your breakfast, I’ll be still awake and drinking. Tell them to comp you crypto instead of useless stuff like a room upgrade.

Last edited:

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
Monday is air only for us so a few overly-enthusiastic drivers signed up for the OT. I, on the other hand, will be enjoying a hard-won 4 day weekend.

BiggieBrown

So this is how boomers “ball out” on New Years. I’ll be doing assorted stimulants and drinking Tito’s at a proper party. Enjoy your breakfast, I’ll be still awake and drinking. Tell them to comp you crypto instead of useless stuff like a room upgrade.

More like he'll be enjoying a nice meal with his partner while your dinner-plate sized pupils stare into the toilet bowl for another heave. High IQ vs LOW IQ in action!

Faceplanted

More like he'll be enjoying a nice meal with his partner while your dinner-plate sized pupils stare into the toilet bowl for another heave. High IQ vs LOW IQ in action!
Another boomer TRIGGERED

I’m a professional party animal. I do this :censored2: for a living fam. I don’t throw up off liquor or drugs.