New York under lockdown

Dumbo

But, resi stops will likely triple.

For sure it would. People will rack up credit card debt if they need to thinking they will be bailed out eventually.

Also for most routes I've ever done, the volume in industrial I think will continue. These factories and warehouses that make up so much of our bulk will still be considered essential as they supply so much other essential industry. As stated above, it's mostly just entertainment that is being shut down. I know restaurants, theaters, and clothing stores dont get much from us compared to industrial business and most industrial business supply in some way essential business.

Last edited:

JustDeliverIt

until people start running out of money and then the resi stops start going down

A lot of people charge now and pay, maybe, later. I think resi stops will go up and those who hate to on-line shop will start to make it the norm after they get used to it. Covid-19 was done by Amazon do have a prime account in every house and toilet paper and chips delivered to everyones porch.

Dumbo

Think of most of our warehouse pickups and deliveries. Medical supplies, plumbing and electrical supplies, auto and machine parts, computer parts, etc. So much of our volume is suppliers to essential business. Peak season levels until this is over.

rocket man

CT, PA and NJ will be joining NY in a shutdown of non-essential businesses. Drivers going to get laid off and have to work inside. Feeders won't have most pickups. Package drivers will have barely any commercial stops or pickups other than a doctor office etc. Ton of routes will be cut.
boy you are on top of this

rod

Retired 22 years
CT, PA and NJ will be joining NY in a shutdown of non-essential businesses. Drivers going to get laid off and have to work inside. Feeders won't have most pickups. Package drivers will have barely any commercial stops or pickups other than a doctor office etc. Ton of routes will be cut.
Dave - is that you?

ManInBrown

Fast food or take out open? Been going out once a day so as to not deplete my pantry.
I’ve done the opposite. I won’t get food out now. What if the person making the food is sick and is coughing while preparing it? friend that. I have faith that the grocery stores will remain stocked with not everything, but items that can get you by.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
The Federal Aviation Administration is temporarily halting flights to New York City-area airports because of coronavirus-related staffing issues at a regional air-traffic control center.

In an alert posted online Saturday, the agency advised air traffic controllers to “stop all departures” to Kennedy, LaGuardia, Newark and other airports in the region.

The directive also affects Philadelphia International Airport.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
The Federal Aviation Administration is temporarily halting flights to New York City-area airports because of coronavirus-related staffing issues at a regional air-traffic control center.

In an alert posted online Saturday, the agency advised air traffic controllers to “stop all departures” to Kennedy, LaGuardia, Newark and other airports in the region.

The directive also affects Philadelphia International Airport.
I was wondering when domestic travel restrictions would start. Guess that's one way to do it.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I got up and hit two grocery stores early this morning and the meat and frozen food sections looked like the toilet paper aisles. Luckily I was able to get the essentials!

RK3G2wkERyKvKQonS7ImbA.jpg