Newbie mistake falsifying signature

trickpony1

Insert OP's post #10 here.

.....and look where it got ya.
Some suggestions:
1) Slow your happy ass down. You've got to do this 25 more years. You need to conserve, preserve and protect your body or you won't be able to walk when you retire.

2) Don't do anyone any favors.....this includes management and customers. You're making their problems yours....big mistake.

Box Ox

Don't do anyone any favors.....this includes management and customers. You're making their problems yours....big mistake.

This 100%. I did the signature stuff a few times trying to be a people pleaser when I was a new driver. Was lucky I didn't have any problems before I wised up.

As a cover driver you tend to come across some "Well my normal driver does this or that". Sorry, I'm not your normal driver. Might be a nice customer but you put yourself at their mercy if you don't follow methods 100% and you never know if things will go south with a delivery.

This includes accepting a signed note from the customer for a signature required package. You can't put it in as Signed Delivery Notice so you'd have to literally pull up the signature screen and scribble a signature for the delivery to go through. Don't do that in an effort to be a nice UPS person!

ManInBrown

When are runner gunners going to learn?

Running gets you nothing but more work, and the day you get hurt, or falsify you're just as worthless in there eyes as the driver who is 2 hours over everyday.

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
I will never ever sign for a customer, I will release it before I sign for it. Rather deal with a dfu than walked off. No way no how