Newbie mistake falsifying signature

UPSGUY72

so I pretty new to ups about two years. I love my job and the route I have been doing for about 8 months since the original driver retired. About a month ago I got hurt was out for a month. Friday first day back I was back on the route heavy ass business about 76 stops 40 pick ups that's just business. So I am very close with most of the customers and they ask me to sign for them I know I know that's not policy. So I went and delivered called the customer no answer and went back to the stop rescanned and tagged the door. He usually answers I called three times he didn't answer so rescanned the packed ni1 but had already signed for it and didn't void out first stop. Now I'm being fired or discharged not sure which one. I admitted my mistake and told them I was trying to fix it. Not sure what to do I'm not a problem employee don't have a attendance problem. Love my job not sure what steps I should take next

I'm trying to figure this out. You signed for a business package and then left it out side the door than you leave and try to call the customer saying you left it ?? Who taught you that method ??? If / when you get your job back take some advice Get a key then have them sign a bunch or delivery notices or have them sign for the packages online problem solved. NEVER sign someone name. That's called falsifying records. That's why we have closed, Not In and left at options use them. It's great you want to provide good service to customers but the services you want to provided you aren't authorized to provide and will eventually cost you your job if you continue to provide them. If the customer is telling you to do this tell them I'm sorry I can't do that or I'll lose my job.

Over 70

Or bring them the info to setup signature on file.....problem solved!

I've had a few "well my regular driver just leaves it" people. I explain how I'd be fired if I was caught falsifying records and explain SOF. Not one of the lazy bastards has set it up. Probably because they realize they'll have no one to throw under the bus if something goes south!

jaker

trolling
I'm the only one in the building who is able to finish that 10 hour route in less then 8 hours so I got that going for me.
This guys never think about the future here

When I left for feeder I did 130ish stops for a 8 to 9hr day and the moment I left the stop count went to 165 and the cover guy was killing it , now 6mo later he is telling me that he can't keep that up long term and my response was now you see why us old guys do what we do

Momeyman1

I'm trying to figure this out. You signed for a business package and then left it out side the door than you leave and try to call the customer saying you left it ?? Who taught you that method ??? If / when you get your job back take some advice Get a key then have them sign a bunch or delivery notices or have them sign for the packages online problem solved. NEVER sign someone name. That's called falsifying records. That's why we have closed, Not In and left at options use them. It's great you want to provide good service to customers but the services you want to provided you aren't authorized to provide and will eventually cost you your job if you continue to provide them. If the customer is telling you to do this tell them I'm sorry I can't do that or I'll lose my job.
It's a big company horrible receiving but me and the two guys that run it are good. Normally I go scan sign drop and call them and they come get the packages but that can take up to 10 mins. Which I want to make service for them but I can't wait 10 mins. Since I been gone for a month I have not talk to them for a month so when I scan sign and called there was no answer jump the gun on that one. Called 2 more times no answer so I rescanned the packages and left a info notice labeled the boxes ni1.