Newbie mistake falsifying signature

barnyard

KTM rider
Today, I had a package addressed:
No signature required
consignee name
address
etc.
Scan the package and 'beep', signature required. Called my supe, told him about it and that I was leaving a delivery notice.
"Why are you calling??"
"In case the consignee calls and asks why I did not leave it."
I suspect the other guy signs and leaves it, as it is a regular shipment for this address.

Box Ox

you will be fine don't do it anymore if people want their stuff they need to be there to sign for the :censored2:

Yep. I've had customers who were furious that I wouldn't write in their signature and put it in their hiding place like their "regular" driver does. All you can do is tell them you could be fired for doing it, and to feel free to call UPS and complain that you wouldn't forge their signature if they still push.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I always sign as a relative of who ever is POTUS .

Generally speaking I can't recall how many signatures I've forged in my career, it has to have been in the thousands .
I was never caught .
and I never gave it a second thought .

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Today, I had a package addressed:
No signature required
consignee name
address
etc.
Scan the package and 'beep', signature required. Called my supe, told him about it and that I was leaving a delivery notice.
"Why are you calling??"
"In case the consignee calls and asks why I did not leave it."
I suspect the other guy signs and leaves it, as it is a regular shipment for this address.

Was it signature required or No DR?

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
Yep. I've had customers who were furious that I wouldn't write in their signature and put it in their hiding place like their "regular" driver does. All you can do is tell them you could be fired for doing it, and to feel free to call UPS and complain that you wouldn't forge their signature if they still push.
and I tell the customer there are a lot of things I will do, signing your name is not one of them, that is fraud and will cost me my job. Thank you

Daf

Did they tell you in pcm that you can't do that, then tell you off the record to do it? That's what our management does.

Fnix

I've had supes tell me while riding on safety rides to put a line and enter consignees name because it took too long to get a sig.
I've heard of drivers hitting objects with supes on the truck and told to never mention it as both would get into trouble.

Management does only what helps them