News Quiz

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
12 out of 12 :happy2:

The only ones that might be a little tricky were the the Iraq casualties and the DOW, each had an answer that was pretty close to the correct number.

over9five

Staff member
I missed two:
What the Dow was closer to, and
@@@@@.

Actually, I feel pretty good. I got 83% and the average American only got 50%.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I missed the federal reserve one, I only got ********* right coz Over missed it!!! I was unsure of the dow since it was up last week, but I guessed. So I didnt do all that well:angry:

over9five

Staff member
I missed the federal reserve one, I only got ******** right coz Over missed it!!! I was unsure of the dow since it was up last week, but I guessed. So I didnt do all that well:angry:

Oops, that was dumb of me!!! Tooner, can you edit that answer out of my post?

Thanks!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Current Events Quiz

National results indicate that the majority of Americans don't know what is going on in their country.
It is astonishing that so many people got less than half of the questions right. The results say that 80% of the voting public are clueless about current events. That's pretty scary but not at all surprising.

There are no trick questions in this test -- Either you know the answer or you don't. It will give you an idea whether or not you are current on your information data base.

Click here: Test Your News IQ - Pew Research Center

upschuck

Got 9 out of ten, better than 75%, and I am not a big news guy. Have it on in the background, and I guess it seeps through my thick skull.

gingerkat

I'm so awesome! I could lie and say I got them all right, but I'll tell the truth… I only got 4 right - haha!

Oh well, I very rarely watch news anymore - much too depressing.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
I missed the one about the Supreme Court Justice and the chart of the stock market from 2008 to 2013.

news quiz.png

gingerkat

Well it's clear that I'm the dummy in this thread (and probably the rest). It's okay though, someone has to cross the finish line last. :happy-very:

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Well it's clear that I'm the dummy in this thread (and probably the rest). It's okay though, someone has to cross the finish line last. :happy-very:
You're not a dummy. We have the radio on in the background all day and they do news every half hour. I'm not usually paying attention but I guess it soaks in anyway.