NHL

mattwtrs

Retired Senior Member
Just because it is June why isn't anyone watching the Stanley Cup finals?

Now the Pens need to beat the Wings at the Joe on Saturday!

Lets Go Pens!

ups1990

I tried giving the NHL a chance during the playoffs. Tuned in to watch the Ducks and Sharks on versus, only to see the Cowboys vs the Bulls. It was a rodeo. The game was blacked out eventhough, I dont live in Anaheim.

If the league needs viewers, why on earth would this game be blacked out for us in southern cal.?

Gave it another shot and saw the game over the weekend on HD and it was great.

DS

Fenderbender
So you were the one that watched the game. j/k

You know what I love about Toronto?
We are so ethnically diverse,and hockey is so prevalent during those long cold winter nights,you get guys with thick punjabi accents arguing with asians and sri lankens about who the leafs should sign at the draft deadline.It is our common bind.I dont know why Bettman thinks that you guys will clue in to hockey some day.
Hockey is to Canada like baseball is to the USA.Nothing will ever change that.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Don't worry--nobody is watching the NBA finals either.

DS, I have been to several Canadians games and am well aware of the love your country has for the game and, yes, it does rival (if not exceed) our love for baseball. Going to the Molson Centre is an event.

I just think the playoffs are too long. It is June 7th and the NHL finals may be coming to an end while the NBA finals are just starting. MLB is no better--the World Series is in late October. The only sport that may have it right is the NFL but they are talking about adding 2 regular season games by taking away 2 pre-season games. Even so by the time they play the Pro Bowl it is February.

ups1990

Don't worry--nobody is watching the NBA finals either.

DS, I have been to several Canadians games and am well aware of the love your country has for the game and, yes, it does rival (if not exceed) our love for baseball. Going to the Molson Centre is an event.

I just think the playoffs are too long. It is June 7th and the NHL finals may be coming to an end while the NBA finals are just starting. MLB is no better--the World Series is in late October. The only sport that may have it right is the NFL but they are talking about adding 2 regular season games by taking away 2 pre-season games. Even so by the time they play the Pro Bowl it is February.
Why aren't you watching the NBA finals? Is it a little east coast bias towards pro teams on the west coast? I only ask because out here, we constantly hear about this bias.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Why aren't you watching the NBA finals? Is it a little east coast bias towards pro teams on the west coast? I only ask because out here, we constantly hear about this bias.

Because I couldn't care less about the Orlando Magic and have heard enough about Kobe to last a lifetime. I will admit that had Lebron and the Cavs made it to the finals I would watch it then.

mattwtrs

Retired Senior Member
I'm sure glad the Pens won last night but I along with others think that the NHL & NBC wanted to see this series go the full 7 games to help prop up the network.

Any other takes on this?

mattwtrs

Retired Senior Member
This was forwarded to me from my 37 year old daughter that's a new hockey fan!

Source unknown.

GO PENS!!!!!!!!

A little known fact....

The first testicular guard "Cup" was used in Hockey in 1874 and the first helmet was used in 1974.
It took 100 years for men to realize that the brain is also important.

mattwtrs

Retired Senior Member
In case yunz guys didn't know the Pens & the Steelers are the first major league sports teams to win their championships in the same year!

705red

Browncafe Steward
I was so glad to see the Red wings lose! I know that they are a great team but being from Chicago, I hate them, the Packers, St.Louis cardinals, Pistons and several other teams.

Just wondering are the Red Wings as hated everywhere else in this country?