NHL

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Can't help you there. I bought a case of Molson in LA once, at Vons. Was half the price, that it costs here.

Besides, the Molson Center is now closed. I'm pretty sure that's what the Montreal Arena is called.

The Montreal Forum became the Molson Center which is now the Bell Centre.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
I have some small measure of the Flyers success.To explain.my full time job is in lighting sales. Last December one of my customers (electrical contractor) who does work at the Wachovia Center was contacted by the Comcast people to illuminate the Flyers and Sixers banners each 50ft x 50ft high on the exterior wall of the center. What was required was to light each banner from a lower roof with about a 50 ft set back and a 60 degree upward aiming angle angle . They also wanted the light to be only on the banners with no spill light on the wall no easy task. After a few mock up's crawing around on the lower roof a night ( I called out of UPS send pics from my phone to the sup) and even ripped the seat out of my pants on a metal ubstruction we got the right fixture. The final install was 4 outdoor framing projectors focused on each banner and was completed just before the shoot out game that got the Flyers into the playoffs. They have been on a tear ever since. Even now I have 2 spare lamps in the trunk of my car just in case

705red

Browncafe Steward
I have some small measure of the Flyers success.To explain.my full time job is in lighting sales. Last December one of my customers (electrical contractor) who does work at the Wachovia Center was contacted by the Comcast people to illuminate the Flyers and Sixers banners each 50ft x 50ft high on the exterior wall of the center. What was required was to light each banner from a lower roof with about a 50 ft set back and a 60 degree upward aiming angle angle . They also wanted the light to be only on the banners with no spill light on the wall no easy task. After a few mock up's crawing around on the lower roof a night ( I called out of UPS send pics from my phone to the sup) and even ripped the seat out of my pants on a metal ubstruction we got the right fixture. The final install was 4 outdoor framing projectors focused on each banner and was completed just before the shoot out game that got the Flyers into the playoffs. They have been on a tear ever since. Even now I have 2 spare lamps in the trunk of my car just in case

You can have the lamps because we want the CUP! Welcome to the MADHOUSE on Madison!

klein

Für Meno :)
Hey Red. Glenn Hall, a hockey hall of famer that lives here in my city.
He's been on the news here almost every day lately.

He was the Goaltender back in 1961 when the Hawks won their last Stanley Cup.
He also still holds the record of playing 502 games straight. A record that will never be broken they say.

Should be a damm good game today !!!!
my prediction,
Chicago 4
Philly 2

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
That will be enough from up north ! It's an all American Stanley Cup . What are you all watching up there now? Re-runs of the Olympics ? LOL

705red

Browncafe Steward
Dont look away do not even blink, you might miss a goal. Holy crap 10 goals thru 2 periods, who would have thought that? A lot of sloppy play from both teams.

klein

I didn';t expect an All Star like game, either !!!

Thought my 4:2 with 6 goals was a bit too much.

Can't complain, great exciting game, though ! :)

705red

Browncafe Steward
The Flyers are just warmung up. I think last night they proved they can skate with anybody. After Monday its back home to cheesesteaks,hoagies,and crab fries

http://www.phoodie.info/2009/10/21/...s-petes-make-that-heavenly-cheesey-goo-sauce/

I think it was the Blackhawks that proved they can play like crap and still win. The Blackhawks did not have 1 power play and still scored a short handed goal. They put up 6 goals without their top line getting any points. The Blackhawks are just tto deep and they will not be as sloppy tomorrow night.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
In reponse I don't think the Flyers played their best game either.The defense is much better than that. One problem though Pronger was on the ice to much. It may take it's toll later in the series.

klein

Anyone care to be in the chat-room today, as the game is being played, and have live discussions ?
It's neat. Last time we had that was during the 2 USA-Canada games during the Olympics.

705red

Browncafe Steward
This was my first time watching the Blackhawks this season. #33 (Bifuglien?) could easily blend in to the Flyers' style of play.

Buf is a monster, he weighs 270 pounds and is huge. He is a hge reason for our success, when he gets in front of the goalie they cant see the puck coming. Pronger did a great job against him llast game, he was a minus 3 along with Kane and Toews.

It was the worst game I have seen passing the puck for the Hawks, usually they are really crisp passes especially coming from Kane. buf is not scared to fight either.

705red

Browncafe Steward
In reponse I don't think the Flyers played their best game either.The defense is much better than that. One problem though Pronger was on the ice to much. It may take it's toll later in the series.

Both teams looked really sloppy. I have been watching all the hockey playoffs and I know Philly can play better, they came alive against the Bruins and made Montreal look like crap.

i still think the Hawks are too deep to lose 4 games. IMO

klein

That will be enough from up north ! It's an all American Stanley Cup . What are you all watching up there now? Re-runs of the Olympics ? LOL

EDMONTON - Forget about 'No Canada.'
This is an 'O Canada' Stanley Cup final.
“The captain who raises it will be Canadian,” said Don Cherry of either Jonathan Toews of the Chicago Blackhawks or Mike Richards of the Philadelphia Flyers. “It'll be like Anaheim when they won the Cup with 16 Canadians,” added Grapes.

Game on, another fast exciting one ! :)