Nice Stock Gain

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
When it gets this high doesn't it usually split?
UPS hasn't had a stock split since it went public in 1999. While having twice the shares sounds nice, the dividends per share would just be cut in half. Being off the hook for $6.4B propping up the failing Central States Fund is seen as the biggest factor plus increased revenue from the pandemic. I think there are too many shares for a stock split. I have a measly 144 shares I bought for $25 apiece in the IPO in one of my IRAs.

rod

Retired 19 years
At one time I had 2000 shares. I sold them all when UPS hit 80 bucks a share. Shortly after that it fell to around 40 bucks a share so I thought I had made the right move. I had paid like 27 bucks a share for them. Now I kind of wish I had hung on to at least half of them. Then again what would I do with even more money ?

At one time I had 2000 shares. I sold them all when UPS hit 80 bucks a share. Shortly after that it fell to around 40 bucks a share so I thought I had made the right move. I had paid like 27 bucks a share for them. Now I kind of wish I had hung on to at least half of them. Then again what would I do with even more money ?
You're never go poor taking a profit

oldngray

nowhere special
Load up the truck and move to Beverly

... Hills that is.

meritocracy

International Brotherhood of Supervisors (IBS)
The pandemic profitability boost will be over the day contract negotiations begin. Can't give the union a justification for any real gains.