Nice Stock Gain

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
When it gets this high doesn't it usually split?
UPS hasn't had a stock split since it went public in 1999. While having twice the shares sounds nice, the dividends per share would just be cut in half. Being off the hook for $6.4B propping up the failing Central States Fund is seen as the biggest factor plus increased revenue from the pandemic. I think there are too many shares for a stock split. I have a measly 144 shares I bought for $25 apiece in the IPO in one of my IRAs.

rod

Retired 22 years
At one time I had 2000 shares. I sold them all when UPS hit 80 bucks a share. Shortly after that it fell to around 40 bucks a share so I thought I had made the right move. I had paid like 27 bucks a share for them. Now I kind of wish I had hung on to at least half of them. Then again what would I do with even more money ?

At one time I had 2000 shares. I sold them all when UPS hit 80 bucks a share. Shortly after that it fell to around 40 bucks a share so I thought I had made the right move. I had paid like 27 bucks a share for them. Now I kind of wish I had hung on to at least half of them. Then again what would I do with even more money ?
You're never go poor taking a profit

oldngray

nowhere special
Load up the truck and move to Beverly

... Hills that is.