No bailout for Post Office

Overpaid Union Thug

The Postal Service was enabled by the US constitution over 125 years, before UPS was established TO COMPETE WITH THE POST OFFICE.

Are you SURE you graduated third grade?
Again. The USPS is the GOVERNMENT and shouldn’t be in competition with ANYONE regardless of who was here first. Delivering unsolicited junk mail and packages with underpriced shipping rates is just plain ole stupid.

Overpaid Union Thug

Why not? Private contractors could save the tax payer money.
Comparing defending our country and it’s interests to delivering packages is rather bone headed but I’ll bite. If you really think it’s a good idea to really solely on civilians, who are not bound by the UCMJ or an actual contract that binds them to their military service, then you go right ahead and pitch that idea to your state representative. I’m sure you’ll generate plenty of laughter among their secretary and whoever else they tell. You might make someone’s day. LOL.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
How many stamps would it take to ship a mouthy wife to timbuktu?
gif_science_12.gif

She could swim part of the way.

JL 0513

How do you buy a government agency? This isn’t Amtrak, is the FBI for sale as well?

Well, the Post Office is an independently run operation so it can't be compared to other agencies run with tax dollars. That's the rub, Congress ties their hands with unrealistic oversight like price control and then they have to also function as a business = losing billions a year (like any typical government venture). Just another example that government is always the problem. You want the Post Office fixed, Congress needs to let them do what needs to be done while still serving every American.

zimbomb

Comparing defending our country and it’s interests to delivering packages is rather bone headed but I’ll bite. If you really think it’s a good idea to really solely on civilians, who are not bound by the UCMJ or an actual contract that binds them to their military service, then you go right ahead and pitch that idea to your state representative. I’m sure you’ll generate plenty of laughter among their secretary and whoever else they tell. You might make someone’s day. LOL.
It was a ridiculously stupid comparison. You some how used logic and reason to answer it. Now imagine if you used that same mental capacity on the topic at hand.

Overpaid Union Thug

It was a ridiculously stupid comparison. You some how used logic and reason to answer it. Now imagine if you used that same mental capacity on the topic at hand.
I already did. But your apparent love for big government blinds you to said logic and reason. The government’s role is to govern. Not provide jobs and compete with the private industry. It’s that simple.