No ballots?????

Inthegame

If that is the case, they would have to mail out letters stating that if you plan of voting, you need to show up to the union meeting.. I have not received such letter, and if they do that tomorrow I believe there will be so many members raising hell about this style of voting, the Union officials will beed to be protected with iron bars!
This ridiculous rumor has been addressed and dismissed. All UPS Teamsters will receive ballots in their mailbox, just like you've gotten in every prior contract. Ballots will be sent starting on May 22. Attend a meeting to get the facts or keep reading rumors and stay confused.
That factual information IS posted on the IBT website, but the misinformation masters at TDU conveniently missed that. And they bitch about an info "brownout". Hypocrites!

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
This ridiculous rumor has been addressed and dismissed. All UPS Teamsters will receive ballots in their mailbox, just like you've gotten in every prior contract. Ballots will be sent starting on May 22. Attend a meeting to get the facts or keep reading rumors and stay confused.
That factual information IS posted on the IBT website, but the misinformation masters at TDU conveniently missed that. And they bitch about an info "brownout". Hypocrites!

They just posted it a few days ago. Nobody is sayng different now. But it is obvious that the Old Guard doesn't want to give us alot of time for everyone to do our due dillagence.

Inthegame

They just posted it a few days ago. Nobody is sayng different now. But it is obvious that the Old Guard doesn't want to give us alot of time for everyone to do our due dillagence.
The wacky rumor thread you're responding to was started last night, so someone is "saying different now". The TA was posted on the IBT (and TDU) site on Tuesday, but the TDU misinformers conveniently neglected to copy and post that ballots will be mailed and when.
Don"t worry, you'll be able to misread the TA many more times between now and when you forget to vote.

stink219

Did you read the TA? How much more time do you require? Imagine if there were a strike and a new agreement? Damn! I'd miss 2 peaks before Realcrap had a chance to do his "due diligence"

stink219

Now I understand why they had to have a conference call... lol
It was nice to be informed. I for one appreciated it. And the great thing about it was their was no bs rhetoric from hall!
No, just the Ken P straight shooter spin? Who was on this conference call that was dissecting the contract. Why aren't people reading the actual language? What spin are you talking about? If you needed definitions to big words like "and" AND "the". But I'm not surprised since your name is hyena. Isn't that the most hated animal on earth? But not for me. I kinda like you in some non homoerotic way. My most hated animal is Realbrown.

In my local (177) the suppalment and the master is still mail in ballot. The pension raise has to be voted in person at one location. That's if the supplement is voted yes. The master can be voted down and it will still be ok.

See the big problem is some of the locals got great deals from the company,(most of which where in this company plan crap). Some fought it out with the company and IBT and some back down with their tale between their legs. So the locals are going to go for this because the week did not want to do crap and go on strike while the strong got what the wanted in the local level. So vote NO on the master and if your local is the week ones then vote NO too.

hyena

No, just the Ken P straight shooter spin? Who was on this conference call that was dissecting the contract. Why aren't people reading the actual language? What spin are you talking about? If you needed definitions to big words like "and" AND "the". But I'm not surprised since your name is hyena. Isn't that the most hated animal on earth? But not for me. I kinda like you in some non homoerotic way. My most hated animal is Realbrown.
There were several brothers who informed us on what the language meant. The spin is the way the (deceitful language) is twisted. I was on the first conference call when hall spoke his peice, and he was good for a moment I thought we would have a strong contract, I really thought he was fighting for us all. The way he spoke he almost sold it. He's a good speaker. But in the end he did not follow through. This ta has a few good points but the wording is just to vague. Just like the current contract and I know this from experience in some of my grievances and others grievances of my brothers whom I represented. The TDU call was very educational. You shouldve been on it. Maybe it would have opened your eyes a little to what my brothers and sisters represent. TDU is Unity.

realbrown1

Which do you prefer: cheerleading goose stepper or goose stepping cheerleader? Your mind is made up. This contract is supported by your superiors (hoffa/hall/joint council/local) and you are a yes man all the way.
Me, I made up my own mind. I do not care that TDU backed locals have voiced support for this TA. It's a crappy deal that will cost more than it gives us UPSers in my neck of the woods over the life of the contract. That's right, factor in the pay raises, benefit increases and the change to Teamcare from the UPS healthcare plan, we actually lose money over the life of the contract. And that's from a company that profited 4.38 Billion this last year and about 19 plus Billion over the life of this last contract.
Let me tell you some of what has happened to me over the last 5 years. Pulled a ligament in my back while working at UPS. Been bitten by 4 dogs in the last 4 1/2 years on the job. Had surgery to repair an injury that was worsened by the workload I have been through the last 4 1/2 years.
I was good with the proposed pay increases. I was good with the $1.00 toward health and pension. What I not good with is the health insurance down grade. And that is what it is for us in plain english.
Stink, you say this is a good deal all day long, and you are wrong. You are just wrong about this.

Inthegame

Let me tell you some of what has happened to me over the last 5 years. Pulled a ligament in my back while working at UPS. Been bitten by 4 dogs in the last 4 1/2 years on the job. Had surgery to repair an injury that was worsened by the workload I have been through the last 4 1/2 years.
I was good with the proposed pay increases. I was good with the $1.00 toward health and pension. What I not good with is the health insurance down grade. And that is what it is for us in plain english.
Stink, you say this is a good deal all day long, and you are wrong. You are just wrong about this.
No, you're wrong about this for sure. You've described work related injuries that should not cost you a cent. UPS is required to have Work Comp insurance to pay all these costs. Try again.

stink219

You should probably start using the methods. Sounds like your a runner.

stink219

This ta has a few good points but the wording is just to vague.
Do you know why this is? No I want you to sleep on this question. Don't answer based on reaction. Research this a bit. The question once again is, Do you know why contract language is vague?

realbrown1

No, you're wrong about this for sure. You've described work related injuries that should not cost you a cent. UPS is required to have Work Comp insurance to pay all these costs. Try again.

My surgery was deemed not work related. I guess my joint just wore out on it's own. But my UPS insurance paid for everything. Under Teamcare I would probably had been looking at least $1000.00 out of pocket plus more $$$ for the meds that I got for free under the UPS plan.
But you are missing the point. We do alot of damage to our bodies. Alot of us will have health related problems from this job down the road.
Will you not even admit that this TEAMCARE is inferior to the current UPS health plan?

realbrown1

Do you know why this is? No I want you to sleep on this question. Don't answer based on reaction. Research this a bit. The question once again is, Do you know why contract language is vague?

The wording in the TA is vague so UPS management can drive a truck through it. They didn't give Hoffa all that campaign money for nothing. LOL

stink219

You actually got a chuckle out of me. If UPS is rolling over you, your doing something wrong. Let hyena do some work. He is a steward apparently, he should know this on his first day of stewieship.