No ballots?????

hyena

You actually got a chuckle out of me. If UPS is rolling over you, your doing something wrong. Let hyena do some work. He is a steward apparently, he should know this on his first day of stewieship.
Does stink know why he smells like !#$?

hyena

You actually got a chuckle out of me. If UPS is rolling over you, your doing something wrong. Let hyena do some work. He is a steward apparently, he should know this on his first day of stewieship.
Im not sure why you question my integrity. But im not fake maybe you have some underlying issues within your self? Also read my sig.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
You should probably start using the methods. Sounds like your a runner.

Not a runner. Dog bites all occured when home owners opened door to sign for sig req pkgs, and indoor dogs runs out and bites my ankle twice, knee once and thigh once. And the joint that wore out had nothing to do with my legs.
Point being, we need great health insurance. We don't sit behind desks, and our job has alot of wear and tear to it. I mean, how many package drivers (not feeders) retire in their 60's? Not many. Their bodies are you shot by then.

stink219

Im not sure why you question my integrity. But im not fake maybe you have some underlying issues within your self? Also read my sig.
Do you not think I know Al Einstein? He was a smart guy, follow in his footsteps and answer my question. Prove you worth!

stink219

Do you not think I know Al Einstein? He was a smart guy, follow in his footsteps and answer my question. Prove you worth!
Why should he prove anything to you? You're a :censored2:.
Did you say something little girl? You can't use TDU rule #1 anymore. (TDU rule #1 is making false statements without having to answer for them)
Let lil hyena answer. Trust me I'm not picking on him. I like him better than you. He needs to learn.

hyena

Did you say something little girl? You can't use TDU rule #1 anymore. (TDU rule #1 is making false statements without having to answer for them)
Let lil hyena answer. Trust me I'm not picking on him. I like him better than you. He needs to learn.
Rule number one is making false statements... so you're tired of the current admin too? Are you gonna join your TDU brothers in the fight now?

Johney

Not a runner. Dog bites all occured when home owners opened door to sign for sig req pkgs, and indoor dogs runs out and bites my ankle twice, knee once and thigh once. And the joint that wore out had nothing to do with my legs.
Point being, we need great health insurance. We don't sit behind desks, and our job has alot of wear and tear to it. I mean, how many package drivers (not feeders) retire in their 60's? Not many. Their bodies are you shot by then.
Let me get this straight, you were bitten by dogs while delivering packages and this was not deemed a work related injury?

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Which do you prefer: cheerleading goose stepper or goose stepping cheerleader? Your mind is made up. This contract is supported by your superiors (hoffa/hall/joint council/local) and you are a yes man all the way.
Me, I made up my own mind. I do not care that TDU backed locals have voiced support for this TA. It's a crappy deal that will cost more than it gives us UPSers in my neck of the woods over the life of the contract. That's right, factor in the pay raises, benefit increases and the change to Teamcare from the UPS healthcare plan, we actually lose money over the life of the contract. And that's from a company that profited 4.38 Billion this last year and about 19 plus Billion over the life of this last contract.
Let me tell you some of what has happened to me over the last 5 years. Pulled a ligament in my back while working at UPS. Been bitten by 4 dogs in the last 4 1/2 years on the job. Had surgery to repair an injury that was worsened by the workload I have been through the last 4 1/2 years.
I was good with the proposed pay increases. I was good with the $1.00 toward health and pension. What I not good with is the health insurance down grade. And that is what it is for us in plain english.
Stink, you say this is a good deal all day long, and you are wrong. You are just wrong about this.
Guess I owe you a high five since you just convinced me to vote yes on the proposed TA. I'm OK with the proposed pay increases and the additional money going to Health, Welfare & Pension.
I've been in a union run health plan since going FT in 1986 and have had copays and deductibles ever since. Have learned to budget for them and to use healthcare in a judicious manner. There is no need to run to the doctor every time you get a runny nose. Have been told by a great many providers that we do use just how exceptional are coverage is compared to others in the area.
You most likely would have seen an increase in your medical costs whether the Teamsters took over your plan or you had to pay a premium each week to stay in a UPS plan.
So in my neck of the woods it looks like a YES, unless you can convince me to vote otherwise.

LEEROY BROWN

Was told at meeting yesterday local135 INdy ballots go out May 24 must be back by June 20 also someone asked does not voting count as yes vote was told no it does not.

UPS Preloader

Guess I owe you a high five since you just convinced me to vote yes on the proposed TA. I'm OK with the proposed pay increases and the additional money going to Health, Welfare & Pension.
I've been in a union run health plan since going FT in 1986 and have had copays and deductibles ever since. Have learned to budget for them and to use healthcare in a judicious manner. There is no need to run to the doctor every time you get a runny nose. Have been told by a great many providers that we do use just how exceptional are coverage is compared to others in the area.
You most likely would have seen an increase in your medical costs whether the Teamsters took over your plan or you had to pay a premium each week to stay in a UPS plan.
So in my neck of the woods it looks like a YES, unless you can convince me to vote otherwise.

This comes more-so as a perspective from a veteran part-timer:

PROS:
- $1.00 per hour skilled pay is being maintained ( With current technology, UPS has been pushing to eliminate this for some time)
- No health insurance premiums yet ($ 30/60/90 per week would have been a huge blow to part-timers)
- 2,350 new 22.3 jobs. (of course this comes with a huge *asterisk. We'll see what happens)

CONS:
No catch-up raise (Well of course not. The veteran PTers are the employees that UPS wants to get rid of , so they're not going to provide us with any additional incentives. They would much prefer for us to be gone so they can ride staffs primarily consisting of newbies who are making the starting rate and not eligible for paid vacations, pension, or insurance)

2. 4 year progression once becoming full-time, compared to 3 years in the current contract, and 2 years in the previous contract. This is as close as you can get to a two-tiered wage system

3. If I am understanding this correctly, this means our raises could be taken away and put into the healthcare or pension fund:

Article 34, Section 4, Subdivision 1:
"Any portion of any GWI may be re-allocated as an increased contribution
to a Teamster Pension or Health &Welfare Fund. The re-allocation shall apply to all employees in a Supplement, Rider or Addendum, as applicable, provided all of the affected employees (full or part-time, if applicable) are covered by the same Pension or Health & Welfare Fund."

(The preceding would be a huge blow to a part-timer)

4. Union administered healthcare plan. They can do whatever they want with it, whenever they want...as evidenced by the following Memorandum of Understanding contained within the contract:

"Nothing within this Memorandum of Understanding shall affect the Central States Health & Welfare Trustee’s right to modify benefit levels."

(even if agreed upon benefit levels do not get significantly modified within the life of the contract, what's to say union dues don't skyrocket if healthcare becomes more expensive than anticipated?)

5. Decreased insurance coverage compared to current contract, which includes:

~ Deductibles that increase each year of the contract (what's that going to mean for the 2018 contract? This is just getting the ball rolling

~ 80% coverage on diagnostics compared to 90% in the current contract and 100% in the 2002-2007 contract

~ 80% coverage on ER visits compared to current $25 co-pay

~ Decreased prescription coverage

~ Decreased vision coverage

~ Annual max of $1,500 on dental work compared to no max currently

(All of this adds up for a part-timer. Whatwe do receive of the scheduled general wage increases, will likely go into extra healthcare expenses)

Final note: We are going down the wrong path with concessions every contract and part-timers are usually the sacrificial lambs. Concessions in every contract in light of record profits for the company doesn't bode well for the distant future if you're in your 20's, 30's, or 40's and want to make UPS a career.

DiligentUPSer laid it out pretty well

UPS Preloader

First of all, I want everyone to know that I have very few issues with UPS. I plan on being a lifer as I need the bennies, but I don’t consider this a career. I’ve been a Preloader for almost 6 years, I’m making $14.77 per hour, I’m getting a 70 cent raise August 1[SUP]st[/SUP], My pension is vested, and I have health insurance, dental, and vision. I’ll admit the work socks, but overall I can’t complain. I have it better than most, if not all part timer’s outside of UPS.

That being said, I am disappointed and shocked at the lack of solidarity in this union and specifically here on the BC. There are many issues with the new contract and each issue affects each and every one of us in different ways. Ask yourself the following questions:

Is this proposal in the best interest of the 140,000 members being moved into the TEAMCARE Health Plan? If no, vote NO.
Is this proposal in the best interest of the part timers? If no, vote NO.
Is this proposal in the best interest of the full timers? If no, vote NO.
Is this proposal in the best interest of the retiree’s? If no, vote NO.
Is this proposal in the best interest of the union? If no, vote NO.
Is the new 4 year driver progression acceptable? If no, vote NO.
Does this proposal properly address the 9.5 issues? If no, vote NO.
Does this proposal properly address the harassment issues? If no, vote NO.

If you answer NO to any of the above questions, show some solidarity, support your brothers and sisters and vote NO. If you answer NO to any of the above questions and still vote YES you should be ashamed.

If you can honestly answer YES to all of the above questions, by all means vote YES and feel proud of it.

From my own standpoint, I have no issues with the proposed contact as most of it doesn’t affect me, but I will still be voting NO as I will not throw any of my brothers and sisters under the bus.

browned_out

Be careful, there is langauge in the TA to divert not only your raises but also your pension contributions to shore up the health care plan. Is this what you call a good plan? We are losing the battle, and the leadership of the union is letting it happen. Nothing but give backs!! No Vote for me.

Be careful, there is langauge in the TA to divert not only your raises but also your pension contributions to shore up the health care plan. Is this what you call a good plan? We are losing the battle, and the leadership of the union is letting it happen. Nothing but give backs!! No Vote for me.
HOFFA won by a landslide!! We have nobody to blame but ourselves!!

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Be careful, there is langauge in the TA to divert not only your raises but also your pension contributions to shore up the health care plan.

That language is there as a safe-guard.... insurance (funny) against ever increasing medical costs.

Central States Health and Welfare plan, has been stable. They could be accused of slow pay at times....

But, they are funded. It would be extremely short sighted, for the Union not to have that option.

-Bug-

browned_out

That language is there as a safe-guard.... insurance (funny) against ever increasing medical costs.

Central States Health and Welfare plan, has been stable. They could be accused of slow pay at times....

But, they are funded. It would be extremely short sighted, for the Union not to have that option.

-Bug-

Maybe if the wording was more like: If rising health costs exceed what ups pays, we will ask the membership how they might want to proceed,

1. higher co-pays
2. less benefits
3. divert part of your raises
4. as a last ditch attempt, divert your pension contributions (this should never be an option in my opinion).

The way it's spelled out in the TA we might just recieve a letter saying oop's sorry but your retirement will have to wait.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Let me get this straight, you were bitten by dogs while delivering packages and this was not deemed a work related injury?

Never lost work time. Never had to see any doctors about any of the bites. Another injury was deemed not work related.