No discipline for going back out after in for the night...

BUCN85

The difference here is you have a 35 year driver and another (OP) with less than a year.
Actually I have been FT for 2 years and seasonal 2 years and air driver. Which yea I know isn't a lot of time, but are you saying since I don't have much seniority I shouldn't know my rights? Being that management likes to take advantage of us thinking we don't know our rights and they can have us to whatever they please?

35years

Gravy route
Actually I have been FT for 2 years and seasonal 2 years and air driver. Which yea I know isn't a lot of time, but are you saying since I don't have much seniority I shouldn't know my rights? Being that management likes to take advantage of us thinking we don't know our rights and they can have us to whatever they please?
The way it sounds is that perhaps they backed down in forcing me back out because they would have to offer the extra work by seniority before they forced me. Anyone returning to the bldg before me would be available and present. So perhaps they can force the least senior driver still punched in.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

What I am saying is a 35 year driver will get a lot more respect than one with less than 5 years.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Easiest money ever.

"I'm back in the building".

"OK, I need you to go back out to do -xyz".

"OK, I need to find a truck, no way in heck I'm taking that 1200 out for one stop, also, if I did, I wouldn't be able to re-park it".

"Great, there's a bunch of 700's outside, take one of those".

Copy.

Sixty minutes of overtime to chase one stop?

Yes sir.

60 minutes? I wouldn't even be in the area by then. This is simple math. If you are forced to go out, make sure they know that you are the LAST person they want to send out to run one stop. I'd make them remember the night they sent me back out for one stop. It's probably dark. It's probably an unfamiliar area. I'd probably circle every street in the neighborhood just to be SURE I had the right address. After all, you don't want to get written up for a mis-delivered package. Even if you have to knock on seven or eight houses to be sure. You're a professional. Show your management team how seriously you take your job.

johnny_hotdog

I'm in the central and I've been told by my steward that you only have to do the work that they put in your truck and they can't force you to do anymore than that. I have had several occasions where they asked me to go help someone. Somedays I'm willing and some days not. If I'm not in the mood I say sorry can't do it and they move on. Never had any issues when I refused.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I'm in the central and I've been told by my steward that you only have to do the work that they put in your truck and they can't force you to do anymore than that. I have had several occasions where they asked me to go help someone. Somedays I'm willing and some days not. If I'm not in the mood I say sorry can't do it and they move on. Never had any issues when I refused.
Lmao your steward doesn't have a clue what he's talking about

Fragile

Local 804 you can't be forced to do any extra work past 8 hours unless you are put "on call" prior to being dispatched.

Gotout

Turn radio off...didn't get message.... Sorry.
You are much better off to ignore/play dumb or even punch and run than to turn the Diad radio off.
Here's how that conversation would go:
center manager: I sent you a message
You: I didn't get it
center manager: yes you did, here's the ODSe export showing that I sent it
You: I turned the Diad radio off
center manager: that's tampering with company equipment and falsification of records here's your notice of discharge.

With a decent Labor Manager presenting it it could be a pretty good case. I suspect you would get your job back but no back pay. Generally the company considers that a win because you got hit in the wallet.

Work as instructed. Failure to do so is "gross insubordination" and is hard to defend. Get on the 9.5 list and collect triple time.

You are much better off to ignore/play dumb or even punch and run than to turn the Diad radio off.
Here's how that conversation would go:
center manager: I sent you a message
You: I didn't get it
center manager: yes you did, here's the ODSe export showing that I sent it
You: I turned the Diad radio off
center manager: that's tampering with company equipment and falsification of records here's your notice of discharge.

With a decent Labor Manager presenting it it could be a pretty good case. I suspect you would get your job back but no back pay. Generally the company considers that a win because you got hit in the wallet.

Work as instructed. Failure to do so is "gross insubordination" and is hard to defend. Get on the 9.5 list and collect triple time.
I was joking. That's something we always tell our sup.