No discipline for going back out after in for the night...

BUCN85

Now I know in the contract there can't be any discipline on a driver who refuses to go back out to do more work once he is in for the night..how does it work though if they send you a message saying " when you get back don't punch out we need you to run a miss load". Or. " need you to drop your air off and go back out to run a miss load / help another driver"?

BUCN85

Break is considered part of your work day. So if you have break left you haven't finished your day and they can always send you back out.
Well yes I am saying all breaks are done and it's 7pm this is happening. It HASNT happened. But I just wanted to know what rights I have if it does. It has happens to others

542thruNthru

Now I know in the contract there can't be any discipline on a driver who refuses to go back out to do more work once he is in for the night..how does it work though if they send you a message saying " when you get back don't punch out we need you to run a miss load". Or. " need you to drop your air off and go back out to run a miss load / help another driver"?

You poor guy, it's just not your year. First the Pirates suck then the 9.5 problems now forced to go out again. I'm sorry I feel some what responsible since it's my Cubs contributing to your woes. ;)

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
Nope, if they need me to help fine, but once my pc enters the property it is not going back out, at least not with me in it

opey

ive gotten OCA's after i was already back in the building (and even set my inside building time)... i just went in the office and said hey, you just sent me this but im back... and that was it. now if they tell u before you are back that they need you to run a misload.. thats kind of different. not sure you really have any right to refuse, thats real :censored2:ty though. but think of it as an extra hour or so of OT for doing pretty much nothing... and take your time

35years

Gravy route
Central Region
Article 19, Section 6:
Drivers shall not be disciplined for refusing to go back out on the street once they have returned to the building, after having completed their full day’s work.

If you are in the Central; I would refuse to go back out. Once you are back at the building and have 8 hours in they can't discipline you for refusing to go back out. The fact that they sent the message before you came back in has no relevance. They can make you do extra work while out on area, but once you return with 8 in, no way.

If they then tell you to work as directed and go back out...I would go back out and file the next day, and that would end it.

rod

Retired 22 years
As long as it was just for a misloaded package or to make an easy missed pickup I usually didn't mind going back out. Easy overtime and I never once was questioned the next day why it took so long.

35years

Gravy route
They have to offer the extra work by seniority to those that are present and available. Everyone is available who is still on the clock and will return to the bldg; in this situation. If they just assign it at their whim, they are going to pay more than 1 guy around here.