No DR Allowed

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
What difference does it make when we deliver it to the access point?? All of them that are in my delivery area are open on Saturday and one of them is open on Sunday.

Are you my DM is disguise?

Because look at it this way. The average person works Monday-Friday. Who knows what hours they work. Getting the Access Point packages there Saturday morning means people have the ability to pick packages up on a day they traditionally do their errands. Instead of running out at lunch or hoping to get there before the AP closes, they can go after their shopping on Saturday and Sunday.

3/4 AP's in our area are open Saturday and Sunday. It just offers the customer some more flexibility.

I think I'll just sit back and watch this.;)

PT Car Washer

I tried to get it cleared, but the DM shot it down. They're trying to reduce Air Drivers doing ground work as much as possible.
My building have been doing the same thing with our Air Drivers. Causing major headaches for management. Union is forcing the issue and it's not making the BA very popular with the rank and file.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
My building have been doing the same thing with our Air Drivers. Causing major headaches for management. Union is forcing the issue and it's not making the BA very popular with the rank and file.
We haven't had any issues with the union. They're just trying to keep the cost per piece down. I think the air drivers wouldn't mind a little pay bump for 3 bulk stops, 1 of which they were already going to.

10 point

We haven't had any issues with the union. They're just trying to keep the cost per piece down. I think the air drivers wouldn't mind a little pay bump for 3 bulk stops, 1 of which they were already going to.
Then let them sign the intent list and become a FT driver.
The air driver abuse is rampant and should not be expanded.

10 point

You mean like the TCD language the union welcomes with open arms?
Hire more FT drivers that are laid off 9 months out of the year. At least laid off drivers can work two sorts to make there 8. At a reduced hourly rate.
Depends on the level of abuse in your domicile.

Air drivers. Hmmm.
I thought they were meant to deliver air.

Saturday is an Art 40 day here. I like it that way personally.

10 point

I understand and am not surprised because UPS has been trying to charge commercial customers the additional charge for residential. It is a situation created by UPS and finally they are attempting to address the issue. Drivers DR'ing business stops was possibly a primary cause.
Also, drivers incorrectly stop completing resi deliveries as commercial because there's a business in a separate building but under the same address as the house and the system is archiving the data that is incorrect due to driver error.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Depends on the level of abuse in your domicile.

Air drivers. Hmmm.
I thought they were meant to deliver air.

Saturday is an Art 40 day here. I like it that way personally.
You're right, they are there to deliver air. But not everything is nice and peach.

We don't have TCDs here. So if we're hurting for drivers, the air guys get it. Otherwise everyone has the pleasure of a 12 hour dispatch. Not going to create a FT position for the 1-2 days a month we need extra hands.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I'll tell you what would make Access Points a heck of a lot better for the customer. Letting us deliver packages to the access points on Saturday. Give people an opportunity to pick up packages when they aren't working.
Can't the access point hold the packages until Saturday? I'm thinking if you order the crap, be home to receive it or make other arrangements.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Can't the access point hold the packages until Saturday? I'm thinking if you order the crap, be home to receive it or make other arrangements.
They hold them for 7 days, so it will be there on Saturday as long as the first attempt was made on Monday-Thursday. If the first attempt was made Friday and it gets sent to the access point it will get relabeled Friday night, and sit with other send agains until Monday unless the driver drops it off prior to returning to the building. I think if we are going to make them pick their package up, offering the courtesy of a weekend pickup for Friday attempts wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

barnyard

KTM rider
If the first attempt was made Friday and it gets sent to the access point it will get relabeled Friday night, and sit with other send agains until Monday unless the driver drops it off prior to returning to the building.

I see what you are getting at. Still, with no access point, we would not have reattempted on Saturday, it would have waited for Monday for NI2.

barnyard

KTM rider
I'm not shocked that our Union has nothing to say about this.
A driver would need to file a grievance, I would imagine. In my building, the guy that has the most access point packages is a new driver and he is happy to get rid of the 15 or so send agains from around the college. Seems like the students are happier too, as the access point is almost on campus, open late and on weekends, so it is closer than driving out to the center (I have seen many foreign students that take a cab to the center every Friday to pick up their stuff.)

edited to add: I misunderstood. Reading farther along, I am pretty sure several drivers in my building would grieve if an air driver took AP stops out on Saturday. The flip side is that we have been running 1 FT guy every Saturday in recent memory. If they gave the work to him, then there is no grievance.

A driver would need to file a grievance, I would imagine. In my building, the guy that has the most access point packages is a new driver and he is happy to get rid of the 15 or so send agains from around the college. Seems like the students are happier too, as the access point is almost on campus, open late and on weekends, so it is closer than driving out to the center (I have seen many foreign students that take a cab to the center every Friday to pick up their stuff.)
I could see if the customer requests this service but we are not giving them a choice.